Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman 2016 Group Christmas Project - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (9 votes) 
PopFiddle

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
December 27, 2016 - 7:43 pm
Forum Posts: 175
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

BillyG said

LOL - YUP - me too @PopFiddle - it is very telling !

Oddly enough - what I'm doing right now is to take Pierre's "Raglan Road" ( the double-stop version ) and although I am seriously aiming for a "sweet DS solo version" - right now I have split-it-out into two separate violin parts.  I also added a viola part as a "harmony / bass line" ( sort of )

Is the Double Stopped version too tough right now?  Best to start with FM's Amazing Grace, absolutely the easiest Double Stopped composition in the world.  There is one or two tricky spots, but a good part of it is played with one or both strings open.  How can you go wrong with that?

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
December 28, 2016 - 3:53 am
Forum Posts: 3744
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

PopFiddle said

Is the Double Stopped version too tough right now?  Best to start with FM's Amazing Grace, absolutely the easiest Double Stopped composition in the world.  There is one or two tricky spots, but a good part of it is played with one or both strings open.  How can you go wrong with that?  

No not too tough - I've got the DS nailed, and I'm playing something that is quite "reasonable" - just looking to draw more expression and control of dynamics into it ! LOL.  And yes, the DS Amazing Grace version is nice and relatively easy.

What I was really getting at here was the fact that I intentionally split the original DS version into two single parts, then added a 3rd (viola) part.   The intent is to record and mix them separately (I'll publish the video as being by "The Billy Brothers" !), and pointing out to the person who made the disparaging comments on the project just how much effort mixing down even three audio and video tracks actually takes, let alone the 48 tracks as in one project Pierre put together...

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

Jim Dunleavy
United Kingdom
Members

Regulars
December 28, 2016 - 4:30 am
Forum Posts: 886
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've also added a comment to that video. Don't worry Pierre, nobody who knows you will believe a word of that nonsense.

Robyn.fnq
Queensland, Australia

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
December 28, 2016 - 6:16 pm
Forum Posts: 587
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
On a sad note, regarding this years and last years video,

Terrible accusations were made towards me regarding the lack of, and I believe they are insinuating that I manipulated and neglected video of black participants.

Unbelievable ... just UN - $%#& - BELIEVABLE ...

I've been with this group since the very beginning, when there were only a handful of us and the spirit of community was very warm and inviting.

Well, that hasn't changed, even though the member numbers have ballooned.

I don't know which member of our group posted that (or if it is even a member), but they are sadly misinformed, and basically just sadly ... well ... sad.

If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.

MrYikes
Members

Regulars
December 29, 2016 - 7:27 am
Forum Posts: 633
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

The person has replied to all responses with the same post.  By being adamant about the fact that the two black people are not the same person, they are inferring that "all black people look alike" (a 1950's KKK jargon).  What is sad is the lack of intelligence revealed.

damfino
my own little world
Members

Regulars
December 29, 2016 - 9:23 am
Forum Posts: 2113
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read the replies, and the person sounds like a babbling internet troll trying to get attention. 

☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆
World's Okayest Fiddler
☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •☆•*¨*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Charles
Members

Regulars
December 29, 2016 - 10:57 am
Forum Posts: 373
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's why I have not said anything.  First rule of Internet usage: Do not feed the trolls.   (And anything you say feeds them.)

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
December 29, 2016 - 11:50 am
Forum Posts: 4180
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman 

Have you filed a complaint to remove those videos.   I am trying hard not to go nutso on that freak!!! Crazy robotic freak.

Obviously "letting them have it." Isn't going to do anything.

Please report them as stolen. There is  a threat that another video is coming.  I shouldn't be so upset but I am very crazy pissed off.

They keep claiming that the person is not the same and I don't understand what that means.. I only know what it vaguely implies. 

Regardless... we need to get those videos removed.  What can we do to get them removed?  Please advise.

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

intrepidgirl
Bragg Creek, Alberta
Members

Regulars
December 30, 2016 - 12:42 am
Forum Posts: 290
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pierre, I am with Charles on this. I don't feeed the trolls. I see the video is removed. Good job, life goes on.

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
December 30, 2016 - 4:16 am
Forum Posts: 3744
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best news in a long time - 

gawn.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

Jim Dunleavy
United Kingdom
Members

Regulars
December 30, 2016 - 5:14 am
Forum Posts: 886
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Job done! :)

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 30, 2016 - 2:17 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

coolpinkone said
@Fiddlerman 

Have you filed a complaint to remove those videos.   I am trying hard not to go nutso on that freak!!! Crazy robotic freak.

Obviously "letting them have it." Isn't going to do anything.

Please report them as stolen. There is  a threat that another video is coming.  I shouldn't be so upset but I am very crazy pissed off.

They keep claiming that the person is not the same and I don't understand what that means.. I only know what it vaguely implies. 

Regardless... we need to get those videos removed.  What can we do to get them removed?  Please advise.  

At first I decided to allow the youtube post to stay up for a while. It's against youtube policy to upload someone else material on youtube without permission. 

I figured that this person is very insecure and paranoid and that I could perhaps persuade them that they were very mistaken.

Unfortunately, no positive response or acknowledgement of error by the user. I now think I know who this user is and if I'm correct, I was really being nice by using one of their submissions. This user did not use playback when they made their recordings. The video was not timed with the playback audio track. Very few people make that mistake but they should at least realize when I point it out that it's the case.

Regardless, yesterday I had the video removed since the user failed to remove it.

Thank you all for your support.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Kittysoftpaws

Members
January 2, 2017 - 5:04 pm
Forum Posts: 8
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

This project is SO INSPIRING!!! My goal is to join you in the next one.  Thanks for all the hours it must have taken to coordinate this!

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
January 3, 2017 - 1:36 pm
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

You're welcome. I'm very glad your intending to participate in the next one. :)

Georganne
Members

Regulars
March 15, 2017 - 1:54 pm
Forum Posts: 993
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
OK, I didn't approve the comment and I was considering having this persons post removed by youtube since it's stolen from us. However, before I do so, maybe you guys want to let the instigator of the remarks/accusations have it. The person has one like, but I'm pretty sure they did that themselves. LOL

In one way, they don't deserve to get any traffic whatsoever on this post, but you guys can see what this person did.

Eudora, if and when you read this, I'm looking forward to you jumping in and defending me since they are accusing me of manipulating your video as well.

Youtube link  

Dang sorry I missed it.  Strangely enough I get a lot of satisfaction on putting the smackdown on idiots.  Sorry that happened to you/us. 

Opportunity is often missed because it wears suspenders and looks like hard work.

Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North Country

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
March 16, 2017 - 1:30 pm
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Georganne - Thank you.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 82
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today BaldBeardedViolinist, AnnyJ
Upcoming Squiryl, mcassidy2004, Reptile Smile, MyMing, CarolineNH, JamesRSmithJr, SethroTull86
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7819
ABitRusty: 3921
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2431
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2154
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31671
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10606
Newest Members:
tonyluo, Terrence Terry Ruddy, andrea924breaux, pybring, stive4545, kevin498, Fiddlerjones, FidgetFrog, Adityaail, SoCal335
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16430, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5345