Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Violin 4 2016 Christmas project
Measure 26 Violin 4 M.I.A.?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
wisco kid
Eastern Wisconsin

Members
December 6, 2016 - 12:24 pm
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Not sure if it just me, but I can't seem to match Violin 4 to the playback. If I am reading/hearing correctly it seems measure 26 is missing?  

For my recording I will simply sustain the tremolo F-natural for another measure.  It seems to work.

Apologies if I am off base here.

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
December 6, 2016 - 3:15 pm
Forum Posts: 3744

wisco kid said
Not sure if it just me, but I can't seem to match Violin 4 to the playback. If I am reading/hearing correctly it seems measure 26 is missing?  

For my recording I will simply sustain the tremolo F-natural for another measure.  It seems to work.

Oh...

First - WELCOME @wisco kid 

May I ask - which playback are you using ?   The "animated" ( videos captured from MuseScore that I posted ) or the "real" click-track posted by Pierre ( @Fiddlerman )

I'll go and check the ones I did in case that's what you're using - thanks for pointing this out....

Also - let us know the precise score-sheet you're working from.... ( if you are )

Thanks for the feedback - we'll check it out  thumbs-up

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

wisco kid
Eastern Wisconsin

Members
December 6, 2016 - 7:39 pm

Here's the playback file I was using,

https://fiddlerman.com/wp-cont.....-Track.mp3

and I used the music linked in the 2016 Christmas project page on the website.

Thanks for the welcome and I really enjoy visiting the site!  Very well done.

Wisco kid.

BillyG
December 7, 2016 - 2:00 am

Holy smoke, as they say....   This is NOT the complete answer - BUT - the .pdf scores were issued quite a bit of time in advance of the actual click / play-along track - and personally - I'm not sure of their origin.

I thought I was going insane for a while - but look at this @Fiddlerman and @wisco kid

Here's the .pdf for vln 4 - it took me AGES to spot this - *MY* pasted bar numbers are in red - 

score-isues-02.JPGImage Enlarger

On the line that starts at bar 25 ....   there are six bars - 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

The line starting 32 ( in black, the original in the pdf ) should be 31

This offset-by-one-bar continues all the way to the end, and the last bar is "apparently" bar 57 - BUT - it's really only the 56th bar in THAT document.  The actual play-along has 57 bars.....

How this occurred is outwith my control ( I didn't generate these .pdfs ) - BUT - what you say is effectively correct @wisco kid - BECAUSE - the actual play-along track has the "missing bar" present - 

score-isues-03.JPGImage Enlarger

.... although there are some subtle differences there - bar 25 is shown as a full rest ( not the tremolo F ), bar 26 now makes an appearance - again as a full rest, and the first note (the 2-beat G) in bar 27 appears as a rest as well.

Very well spotted wisco !    

I have access to the music-xml files generated by Pierre - and every check I have done suggests that - no - it CONFIRMS that, yes, the play-along is 57 bars long, and (putting to the side the difference between the presence of the trem F or a rest) it is THAT document ( the pdf you refer to ) that is somehow incorrect.    

Your choice I would say - play it as two bars of F, or silence, it'll be fine.  Same applies to the apparent "missing" G in bar 27 (in the play-along score) - play it or rest it - it won't matter.

I'll bring this to Pierre's attention, and in the meantime, I am now driven to go check the other original pdf files....   (unless you have worked through them yourself, wisco and found them OK ?   )

EDIT : I have since checked all the original .pdf files.  The only one that exhibits this problem is vln 4.   The rest are fine !

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

wisco kid
Eastern Wisconsin

Members
December 7, 2016 - 12:46 pm

No worries BillyG - 

I won't re-send the video I posted to Pierre (even though I clammed some notes).

All the best of the season to you and yours, and I look forward to viewing the finished product.

Wisco kid

BillyG
December 7, 2016 - 12:56 pm

wisco kid said
.....   All the best of the season to you and yours, and I look forward to viewing the finished product.

And the same back at you !   May it be a good one ! gingerbreadhousesanta3

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 7, 2016 - 1:00 pm
Forum Posts: 16429

wisco kid said

Great start in our forum wisco kid :)

Thanks so much for bringing that to our attention. I actually opened Finale and saw that it was all correct on the score. I then opened part 4 and noticed that it didn't match the uploaded PDF. For some strange reason, the PDF left out one measure. To make things ever stranger, it numbered incorrectly but correctly to the score. I've never experienced such weirdness from Finale before.

All I actually did was reprint the PDF from the mus file and it was correct without making any changes. The real bar 26 was left out of the PDF that I uploaded earlier.

In any case, thanks so much. You probably helped us avoid a serious problem with a lot of submissions. I would never have checked.

https://fiddlerman.com/wp-cont.....olin-4.pdf

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: AndrewH
Guest(s) 82
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today RCall
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, Ms-G, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, Bobby, Elaisa, Michael Browder, EBurrell, Gordon Shumway, ViolinD, dougga, MoonShadows, Astandane, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7718
ABitRusty: 3896
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2422
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2138
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31657
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10581
Newest Members:
bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08, creativestringsinfo, rubble_b, mariachi, avagrey92, Alison, David
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5296