Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman's "Silent Night" Christmas Group Project 2013
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (14 votes) 
Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 18, 2013 - 9:38 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for all the great contributions everyone. I'm working on them every single day now but the computer is slow and I have to convert so many files. Next time I'll ask for specifics.....
I also have a gig. Am playing "Jerry's Girls" in Key West and leaving early on Friday. Won't be back until Monday morning and Fiddlershop is REALLY busy. I'll do my best to get it done before Christmas......

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 19, 2013 - 4:14 am
Forum Posts: 60
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

We reckon on you, Fiddlerman :) I'm sorry I couldn't make an mpg file because I had no time to consider such things. My baby is very active and so I had to order a babysitter to play with him for an hour. And then there was no time... Next time I'll try to meet your instructions better. :)

Picklefish
Merritt Island, Fla

Pro advisor
Members

Regulars
December 19, 2013 - 8:19 am
Forum Posts: 1281
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Fiddlerman! I was saying the other day if I had more technological power I would volunteer to assemble these projects for you! Enjoy your gig!

"Please play some wrong notes, so that we know that you are human" - said to Jascha Heifetz.

Almandin
Stockholm, Sweden

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 19, 2013 - 9:30 am
Forum Posts: 302
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooops... just got mail from Pierre saying "Your video (very nice by the way) is the only one that I can’t convert." facepalm So I'm doing it now. Took the opportunity to play around with the colour balance as well so it's not as yellow as the original. For future reference, Quicktime Pro converts .mov to .mp4, but it takes ages and ages even for tiny files like this one. Also lowers the quality even more. I've been twiddling my thumbs and drinking hot chocolate now for 15 minutes, and it's maybe 1/4 of the way done... coffeesleep

My apologies to the Fiddlerman for the trouble this flipping Quicktime file caused you! You're our conductor, not our technological janitor... but you still rock at the tech stuff too. doublekiss

~ Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. ~

fiddle chick
Members

Regulars
December 19, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Forum Posts: 253
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just for future reference, how do I know if my file is a .mov or MPEG? I recorded it on my iPhone 5s and submitted directly from it without transferring to my computer. What kind of file does an iPhone generate? Should I be converting them in the future?

Let the bow flow.

Almandin
Stockholm, Sweden

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 19, 2013 - 6:42 pm
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

fiddle chick said
Just for future reference, how do I know if my file is a .mov or MPEG? I recorded it on my iPhone 5s and submitted directly from it without transferring to my computer. What kind of file does an iPhone generate? Should I be converting them in the future?

.mov is the file format that QuickTime uses, and I think iPhones use it too. Stupid Apple format. But unless Pierre tells you different, he was probably able to use it. smile

~ Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. ~

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 19, 2013 - 10:44 pm
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Exactly, .mov file and that is fine for me. Actually I use a Macbook Pro and all apple files are great for me but for some strange reason yours did not work Alma. I believe it got damaged in the transfer. Missing information.
Get a program called MPEG Streamclip Alma. It's free and can convert almost any file to numerous formats.

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
December 19, 2013 - 10:53 pm
Forum Posts: 4180
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman sprending file... if it is too late .. I completely understand..(or if it sucks.:)  I tried to record..long day..company party..ect... :)  

Merry Christmas Pierre!christmaswreathchristmaswreathchristmaswreathchristmaswreathchristmaswreathchristmaswreathchristmaswreath

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 20, 2013 - 9:23 pm
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey everyone,
Sorry but this year I had to stick by the deadline. I even took a few videos after the deadline but I was really stressed. I'm in Key West doing a gig which will keep me busy until Monday at which time I'm back to the CRAZY busy Fiddleshop schedule.
Scotty, I'm sorry but the second Sprend file was empty as well. :-(
I really wanted to use your video. You know that I tried.

Here is the video for everyone:
http://youtu.be/0lufkwHSheo
Thanks for all your participation..... It was a little rushed and my job was not as good as I would have liked but my computer didn't get stuck as often as it usually does when rendering that many videos at once. Sorry about the uneven exposure, it's so hard to plan this thing and when I get to the end and there are still so many videos to use I just improvise..... Also, tough to just change the length in the middle without starting over with timing and all.
Believe me when I say there are no favorites intended when pasting and adjusting the videos. I recieved 9 different codecs and 7 different exposures.
In the future we'll try to have some uniformity. :-)

Georganne
Members

Regulars
December 20, 2013 - 11:51 pm
Forum Posts: 993
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

WHOOO HOOO!  It's fantastic!  I'm so tickled as this is my first group project.  Thanks so much Pierre, you rock!

Opportunity is often missed because it wears suspenders and looks like hard work.

Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North Country

fiddle chick
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 12:41 am
Forum Posts: 253
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Pierre for all your hard work! Yes, you DO rock!!!

Let the bow flow.

suresh
Tuticorin, India

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 12:48 am
Forum Posts: 485
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great video.  Congratulations to all the participants. Merry christmas.christmascandle

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it ..(William Shakespeare in Twelfth Night)

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
December 21, 2013 - 1:28 am
Forum Posts: 4180
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations everyone... Very beautiful.christmaswreath

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Georganne
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 1:50 am
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

CPO why not load your video right here?

Opportunity is often missed because it wears suspenders and looks like hard work.

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
December 21, 2013 - 10:07 am
Forum Posts: 1760
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great job, as always, Pierre! And great job on the part of all the players, too!

It was really nice to see some new faces, as well as familiar ones. I enjoyed the decorations and Christmas attire, too.

Kudos to all!!

1st-placethumbs-uphats_off

And Merry Christmas, too!

gingerbreadhousechristmascandlechristmaswreathsanta3

(P.S. I'm sorry that I got mine in too late...or maybe something went wrong with Sprend. Oh, well, I will try to be earlier on the next project.)

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

StoneDog
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Forum Posts: 888
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vid was SWEET!!! > nice job Fiddlerman. With your busy schedule around this time of year it is great that you are still able to pull this off. > It ROCKed!!!

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 21, 2013 - 1:35 pm
137sp_Permalink sp_Print

All in vain - I'm not there. I'm sad. 

Almandin
Stockholm, Sweden

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 2:35 pm
138sp_Permalink sp_Print

@terezka I'm sure your audio is in the mix. My video didn't show up either, but if everyone were to get "screen time", I think the video would have been fairly chaotic! We'll have to hope for the next project, but don't think you participated in vain! smile

Project was awesome as usual btw! Thank you Pierre and all the players!

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 21, 2013 - 2:47 pm
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Almandin, you are kind, but I'm not even in the titles. I sent the files the 14th of December and no one replied anything like "Sorry, you have missed the deadline."... It's a real disappointment.

Georganne
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 3:05 pm
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know some files sent ended up getting there empty.  Some problem with Sprend.  

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 138
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, wonderputz, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7761
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31663
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10590
Newest Members:
Adityaail, SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5309