Please have a look at our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
In the last few days I've been getting a really bad wolf tone on the C# on the G string, and it kept getting worse and worse, to the point that I wasn't getting any sound at all on that note. It was as if I didn't have any rosin on the bow. Just gliding and sliding with absolutely no sound. I had to really dig into it and put a lot of pressure on the bow to get any sort of sound. But all the other strings and all the other notes on the G string were fine. I even tried changing out my G string to see if that would solve the problem. Nope. Still happening.
So, as always, the boyfriend had to investigate and troubleshoot ('cause that's what guys do!). He picks it up, plucks the G string a few times, and finds the problem right away. The string was hitting/vibrating on the finger tape that I had just placed there a few days ago. It hadn't even dawned on me that I put new tapes on and that that's when the trouble started. I hadn't put two and two together yet. So I removed the tape, and sure enough, I'm back in business.
I don't intend this to be a debate about whether or not it's okay to use finger tape, but I did want to mention what happened in case any of you are having similar issues. If you use finger tape and find you're getting a really crappy sound (or no sound at all) on certain notes, try removing the tape and see if that helps.
Let the bow flow.
Lol oopsies! Glad it was an easy fix.
Opportunity is often missed because it wears suspenders and looks like hard work.
Most Users Ever Online: 231
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:ELECTRONICSTRAD, majavaid, phanuyenmy161, violin_tide, hfeather11, violin_vampire
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 11611, KindaScratchy: 1644