Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
AK K550. Pure Evil. =)
Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 (9 votes) 
DanielB
Regulars

Members
August 24, 2012 - 11:33 pm
Forum Posts: 2379
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlestix said

That was my whole point.   

I have a seperate mic I used when I played and sung in bar's and club's year's back, but I don't know how to use it with my webcam.   dunno

Well, it depends on what sort of connector the mic has, and what sort of capability/options you want from the setup.

At the simplest, it can usually be managed with an adaptor or two. 

I use an MXL990, which is an inexpensive studio mic.  I usually run that through a tube pre-amp and then into a small 4 channel mixer.  But my setup is more expense and pain in the butt than most people would want to cope with for just being able to get a decent sound when recording their acoustic violin. 

Most folks would probably be better off just getting a studio condenser mic that can plug directly into a USB port and not mess with hardware mixers and etc.  Some well rated mics of that sort can be gotten for between 50 and 100 new.  Probably half that, if one can find a used one.

"This young wine may have a lot of tannins now, but in 5 or 10 years it is going to be spectacular, despite the fact that right now it tastes like crude oil. You know this is how it is supposed to taste at this stage of development." ~ Itzhak Perlman

Mad_Wed
Russia, Tatarstan rep. Kazan city
Members

Regulars
September 6, 2012 - 4:47 pm
Forum Posts: 2849
22sp_Permalink sp_Print

YooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!

That's it!

Today i showed The Violin to my teacher!

I took my "old" there too, just to listen to the difference in a professional hands on both instruments. 

So she played on AK K550 first and then on my "old". She tried not to laugh at my "old", but she couldn't help, lol!

Now i can officially declare: AK K550 is awesome!

My techer said... well, everything that i've said above and that this violin is similar to one of her violins. It has bright rich tone and provides great dynamics!

If literally, first that she said was: "Gooooooooooood!!!" lmao rofl

I was surprised, how our feelings and conclusions about AK K550 was similar surprised

Sorry, guys for messing up all the thing with those low quality recordings! God knows how i wished that You all could be there, while my teacher played on ITdrooling

The only one thing that my techer didn't like is strings. Though they are not played in yet. They make sound more even than it is prefered for THAT instrument. But i will not change them for now, at least 3-4 months. I want them to play indrooling and get some experience on it (to see how sound changes). It's not something bad - it's quite a usual thing with the synthetic strings.

So. I'm happy again! I HEARD My Evil IN PERSON, played by a pro... Damit... still smiling...

As soon as fiddlershop.com will stop telling me that "The page you requested cannot be found." i'll wright my official review!

dancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing

devil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violindevil-violin

SaraO
Michigan

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
September 6, 2012 - 5:53 pm
Forum Posts: 556
23sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations on your fabulous new violin!!!

Kevin M.
Nicholson, Pa
Members

Regulars
September 6, 2012 - 9:28 pm
Forum Posts: 1973
24sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is great that you are so excited about your new violin.  I know you will make that violin sing.

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
September 7, 2012 - 1:06 am
Forum Posts: 4180
25sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay.... So happy for you... Is the violin equipped with Dominant Strings?
I am So very very excited for you!

Congrats!!!!

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
September 7, 2012 - 10:35 am
Forum Posts: 16430
26sp_Permalink sp_Print

Naska, we have had some major problems because we are getting so much more traffic on that site plus we are using a personal shared server. We upgraded yesterday to a professional server which is of course going to cost us a pretty penny but it's pathetic that we have problems on such a site.
Thanks for your offer to write a review and it should be good to go now.

I'm really happy that you got to hear the violin played by your teacher. You know how I liked playing on it too. The Zyez strings that I gave you will be perfect in 3 or 4 months.

Yes Toni, that violin has Dominant strings.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
September 8, 2012 - 4:02 pm

Fiddlerman said
Naska, we have had some major problems because we are getting so much more traffic on that site plus we are using a personal shared server. We upgraded yesterday to a professional server which is of course going to cost us a pretty penny but it's pathetic that we have problems on such a site.

Thanks for your offer to write a review and it should be good to go now.

done I was just waiting to know what my teacher will say about it. In case that she could notce some other characteristics of the Violin, so i could add them. But our points of view were completely identical =)

I'm really happy that you got to hear the violin played by your teacher. You know how I liked playing on it too. The Zyez strings that I gave you will be perfect in 3 or 4 months.

Yep! =) True. LOL! Everybody like to play on it!

YooooHooooo!!!

Many-many-MANY THANKS for FiddlerMan!!

I'm already thinking about getting a metal mute for it. Rubber is not enough to mute this Monster, lol!

Yes Toni, that violin has Dominant strings.

Dominants are fine strings. Though while they are being played in, they give some "sand" to the sound. Actually Pro Arte (those are synthetic core as well) did the same thing first 1.5 - 2 months (i play not every day unfortunately). So not a big deal. My teacher is REEEAAAALLY picky and she is a fan of steel core. And i didn't decide yet, and feel fine with synthetic =) so i'll continue with them.amuse

So Zyex will wait... and i will wait  as welldrooling

Thanks again to everybody for support and commets! cheers

devil-violinbirthday-cake

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
September 8, 2012 - 7:32 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
28sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think your teacher will discover how great Zyex is and switch as well.
I look forward to hearing her opinion on the Zyex strings later.
By the way, what brand of steel core strings does she use?

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

RosinedUp

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
September 11, 2012 - 6:31 am
Forum Posts: 985
29sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Mad_Wed: What is the name of the music you are playing in your demo?  It is beautiful---and well-played.

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
September 12, 2012 - 7:03 pm

Fiddlerman said
I think your teacher will discover how great Zyex is and switch as well.
I look forward to hearing her opinion on the Zyex strings later.

Yep! I'm curious too ! drooling 

By the way, what brand of steel core strings does she use?

She likes Pirastro - Chrome core.

RosinedUp said
@Mad_Wed: What is the name of the music you are playing in your demo?  It is beautiful---and well-played.

Thanks, RosinedUp! =) It's Romance by N.Baklanova.

Here are pics if You'd like to learn this piece. This piece is easy. =)

Романс1.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
RosinedUp

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
September 15, 2012 - 10:35 pm
31sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mad_Wed, thank you kindly for the name and the sheet music.  I hope this will go into my now-tiny repertoire. 

Easy maybe, but I'll be proud if I can play it as well as you.

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
September 18, 2012 - 1:31 pm
32sp_Permalink sp_Print

WooooooHooooo! New expression! "Thank You Kindly" surprised /wrote down in the notepad/ Like it. Haaaa! I'll use it everywhere, where i can!!!! Sweeeeeet!

Thank You kindly, RosinedUp!

And You're welcome, btw! =) cheers

Wish You successful playing!

RosinedUp

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
September 20, 2012 - 3:44 pm
33sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ha ha, you're welcome, Mad_Wed.  Use that phrase mainly when you are playing the fiddle, not so much when you are playing the violin.

I have a certain other thank-you expression up my sleeve, and I almost blurted it out just now.  But I think I will save it for later so that you don't overdose on colloquialisms.

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
September 20, 2012 - 5:53 pm
34sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cool! Don't forget! I'll wait =)

At last someone will teach me to speak English =)

suresh
Tuticorin, India

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
September 21, 2012 - 4:23 am
Forum Posts: 485

RosinedUp said
Mad_Wed, thank you kindly for the name and the sheet music.  I hope this will go into my now-tiny repertoire. 

Naska!  Like everybody else I liked the sound of the first violin.  Excellent playing.  ak-k550 according to me is pure 'magic'. (I made an attempt at the sheet music provided by you and I concur with RosinedUp).

It is Lesson No 82 in your book.  What other excellent pieces it contains, I would like to know.  Last Tuesday was 'replying' day.  Only FM could tell how many posts you made on that day.

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it ..(William Shakespeare in Twelfth Night)

Fiddlestix
Michigan, USA

King
Members

Regulars
September 21, 2012 - 5:16 am
Forum Posts: 2647

Mad_Wed said
At last someone will teach me to speak English =)

Naska, I think your English is fine, at least how you type your sentence's. Just be thankfull you're not Chinese. For the past 17 month's I have been tutoring a girl in China to speak English.

Last night she told me she learned two new word's (a phrase), "knock off". She typed a sentence to me that said, "what time do knock off work", lol.

I can't speak Chinese, there's no need to, but I learn as much from her as she learn's from me. She ask's me what different word's mean and I have to try to explain their meaing's.  It's a great learning and social experience for as well.

In the beginning, after three day's of helping her, she asked me if she was starting to lose her accent. I told her not to worry about losing the accent, your accent is what identify's you and who you are, it make's you stand out from other's. I told her as long as two people can speak and understand each other, speak fluently with each other, there is no need to lose your born accent.

She never learned English in school, so now she's been trying to learn English on her own for the past 5 years from the internet. She said she could never find anyone who would help her to learn. She's 44 yo, married with a 20 yo daughter in her first year in college, so when she retire's from her job in 6 year's, she want's to become a English teacher. She eat's, sleep's and breath's English. She say's "I'm crazy about English".     (你做得很好,Naska)

Wow,,, I got carried away with this, beginning to sound like Daniel with the long post.

Just Kidding Dannyboy.      roflol

Picklefish
Merritt Island, Fla

Pro advisor
Members

Regulars
September 21, 2012 - 9:36 am
Forum Posts: 1281
37sp_Permalink sp_Print

Even Americans dont speek good rengrish! Fa-get about it! If you need any pointers on how to butcher the language properly, lemme know!jimi-hendrix

"Please play some wrong notes, so that we know that you are human" - said to Jascha Heifetz.

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
September 21, 2012 - 5:38 pm
38sp_Permalink sp_Print

suresh said

RosinedUp said

Naska!  Like everybody else I liked the sound of the first violin.  Excellent playing.  ak-k550 according to me is pure 'magic'. (I made an attempt at the sheet music provided by you and I concur with RosinedUp).

Thank You kindly, Suresh! LOL! The first was my "old". Still don't understand how you guys can like it, but i'm happy that you do. =) Though i don't use it anymore, at least not at home and on lessons.

It's good to know that You liked that piece! I wish You success with it!coffee

It is Lesson No 82 in your book.  What other excellent pieces it contains, I would like to know. ..

I'm not using all of that book - only some pieces to develop note reading skills =) When i have some extra time, or i'm too tired of learning those things that i mainly learn. I've learned that one just for the blind test. This book is good but i have only a few of pieces that were copied from there...dunno

@ Fiddlestix: Thank You ! =) I'm trying my almost best =)

@ PicleFish: Thanks! I'll remember your offer =) LOL!

Thanks, mates! cheers

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 73
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today BaldBeardedViolinist, AnnyJ
Upcoming Squiryl, mcassidy2004, Reptile Smile, MyMing, CarolineNH, JamesRSmithJr, SethroTull86
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7819
ABitRusty: 3921
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2431
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2154
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31671
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10606
Newest Members:
tonyluo, Terrence Terry Ruddy, andrea924breaux, pybring, stive4545, kevin498, Fiddlerjones, FidgetFrog, Adityaail, SoCal335
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16430, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5345