Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
2014 Halloween PARTY
lets get scary people !!
Topic Rating: 4.5 Topic Rating: 4.5 Topic Rating: 4.5 Topic Rating: 4.5 Topic Rating: 4.5 Topic Rating: 4.5 (24 votes) 
Georganne
Members

Regulars
November 11, 2014 - 2:10 pm
Forum Posts: 993
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
41sp_Permalink sp_Print

coolpinkone said
Awh @Feathers you have refreshed my memory.

I adore that song... My problem is that part at the end...(GASP!!!). a bit fast for me.  But I am glad you brought it up because it is in my stack and it is my goal to play that one.... as I looooooove it.  

You could just do Part A.   :)

Opportunity is often missed because it wears suspenders and looks like hard work.

Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North Country

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
November 12, 2014 - 12:01 pm
Forum Posts: 3744
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
42sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right.  I am not a happy bunny!   I "bit off more than I can chew" with this one.  I considered Carmina Burana.  Danse Macabre.   Nahhhh - all to easy (spot my sarcasm there).  Instead, I had a grand plan for my magnum opus - let's do a track from the Rocky Horror show !  Ahhh... nice, I thought.   I found a "not bad" MIDI version of "Over at the Frankenstein Place".  I planned several parts to it - to separately overdub Janet, Brad and Riff-Raff....  I even created an outline story-board - no sheet music or anything like that - I was just gonna "wing it"

lyrics-1.jpg

So....  I never take the path most often walked, do I ?   Nope.  Well, it turned into a monster.  I dropped the MIDI to D (it was in E).  But Riff-Raff needs a F3#, so I detuned G by a semitone.   I also wanted to bring something "new" (for me) into it - so I planned to work some higher positions for Janet - but that's still giving me trouble.  Anyway - I was reading @Worldfiddler post earlier today - and boy - was I getting MAD at this thing - so I "calmed down" (just a little) and did a quick take (no vid on it yet) of the tune from the first B&J / Chorus above.

I'm FAR from happy with it.... VERY far from happy, it's full of issues, many of which are due to me being in such a bad temper with it, but, it's a line in the sand.  It will get better.....  When the final version, with video is ready to post, rest assured, I will, as I think I mentioned to @Barry NOT be dressing for the part...

I'm off to play half a dozen "fall-back" tunes to get my head sorted out (oh, and Bill, RE-TUNE THE G) LOL

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
November 12, 2014 - 10:37 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
43sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to give you a Party badge but you already had one. LOL
Thanks for the post Bill.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 86
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Michael Browder, EBurrell
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7759
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31662
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10589
Newest Members:
SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08, creativestringsinfo
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5305