Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
CVN-500 or MV-650
I'm a beginner should I buy the CVN-500 or the MV-650???
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
J3w3lz88

Members
August 19, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey everyone this is the issue: I am a beginner, I have never touched a violin before but, I am in love with the music it can play, and the sound just gets to my heart! I think I should get the CVN-500 because of Fiddler man's review that the fingerboard doesn't require as much as the MV-650.... BUT however I fell in love with the rich dark tone the MV-650 has... What does everyone think of this? For a beginner should I get the CVN-500 or the MV-650? I just don't want to get the MV-650 and have a harder time in learning to play ....

Picklefish
Merritt Island, Fla

Pro advisor
Members

Regulars
August 19, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Forum Posts: 1281

My rule of thumb is always buy the best gear you can afford. This doesnt mean that the best equals most expensive either. It is my assumption that only fiddlerman can truely answer your question though.

"Please play some wrong notes, so that we know that you are human" - said to Jascha Heifetz.

ozmous

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
August 19, 2013 - 8:33 pm
Forum Posts: 328

The thing is, it's online buying, which means that there are percentage that the violin is unexpected, i.e, different sound, because not all violins even by the same maker, are alike, what FM reviewed is not the exact same one you'll get, yes you'll get the same brand, colour, etc. But the sound will always be different because violins are like human beings, not all are alike, besides, you will only be sure if you buy on a real violin/music store, the only thing I can suggest is to buy what you like and expect for the best, besides, all violins that fiddlerman sell are great, so worry no more :)

cheers! - ⁰ℨ

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 19, 2013 - 11:14 pm
Forum Posts: 16429

What ozmous says about them not being even is completely true.
I am a little upset about their inconsistency. The good ones are real good and most can be set straight with just a little work. I am in contact with Cecilio from time to time about what to look for and what disturbs me and they sincerely want there instruments to be better.
Unfortunately we (fiddlershop) cannot inspect these instruments and still be able to sell them at competitive prices. It would cost us more to ship them here and then to the buyer. We dropship the Cecilio's. That being said, if there is a problem with the instrument you can exchange it and if you are not happy with it you can return it. Most are very satisfied with the CVN-500.
We don't sell the MV-650.
At your price range the CVN-500 is an excellent choice.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Jim Dunleavy
Guest(s) 130
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, wonderputz, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7761
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31662
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10590
Newest Members:
Adityaail, SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5309