Please have a look at our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
Either Pky has been hacked or he is trying to play a trick on us, or he posted the wrong link. This link only brings me to MY Amazon account.
Maybe this is what she was referring to. It was posted by Greg Falkenstein to a violin group on Facebook. @Fiddlerman Please keep an eye out as this is in your area.
My life was shattered on Friday night when my car was broken into and I returned to it to find that my viola and my bow had been stolen. There are no words to describe how devastating this is: the instrument has been my companion for nearly 20 years, and many of you know how intensely connected I have felt to it.
Already there has been an outpouring of love, sympathy, support, and generosity from my amazing colleagues at the Miami City Ballet Orchestra, particularly the viola section, and from the south Florida greater community of players. I am so grateful to all of you.
I NEED YOUR HELP, friends, particularly from those of you in Florida. I ask with humility but also with urgency for any who are willing to do the following:
1. Southeast coasters: If there is a pawn shop in your neighborhood, please take two minutes to stop in and inquire. Please do the same with any brick-and-mortar music shops that may be located near you.
2. All Floridians: please tell all musicians you know about the missing instrument and bow, especially any who regularly or even occasionally deal in stringed instruments. And as it has been difficult for me to find a comprehensive and reliable listing of in-state luthiers, if there is a luthier or bow dealer in your town, please message me because I may not even know of its existence. I need to notify every single one of them.
3. Also for Floridians: I will be checking south Florida Craigslist postings regularly, but for those of you in other Florida metro areas: I would be so grateful if some of you might do the same in your metro areas, with respect to any local e-commerce sites. Also, as many of you know, when it comes to technology, I'm often the last to get on the bus:so, other than Craigslist, Mark's List, and Offer Up, are there other commonly-used websites/apps for the purpose of selling things locally? If so, message me so that I can become aware of them!!!
4. All music friends, regardless of location: please let your local instrument dealers know of the stolen viola and bow.
5. If any of you have suggestions for other affirmative steps that I might take--things that I do not seem to have thought of based on this post--please message me. I will take all advice with great gratitude.
Here is some detail of the instrument and bow:
1. JOSEPH CURTIN VIOLA: 16 9/16", two-piece back, Guarneri copy, black pegs with metal pin, black chinrest, black tailpiece. LABEL affixed inside: "Joseph Curtin, Toronto 1982" and the serial number 8232. Another distinguishing feature is some damage at the top seam on the right waist (the cutaway between the bouts) which occurred many years ago when I went through a phase in which I was catching the wood with the edge of my frog...no smarta** comments pls LOL it was a long time ago.
2. VIOLA BOW made by Ole KANESTROM. 72 grams. The frog has sharply-squared edges and a mother-of-pearl eye. The stick has "KANESTROM" stamped into it near the frog...I believe over the frog. It is an outstanding bow and it is evidently so upon first glance.
3. These two things were contained inside a BLACK CLOTH GEWA VIOLA CASE, DART- or OBLONG-SHAPED. The case needed to be replaced and is missing one of the four snaps that affix the protective cloth flap over the zipper.
I wish that I had more and better photos of the instrument and bow (let this be a lesson to all of you...just sayin'). I may continue to add photos if I find them. But I include now what I've been able to locate, through the fog in my head.
Please share this post with all musicians that you are connected with on Facebook, my dear friends. My heart is broken and I am barely able to function. All the same, I must do everything I can to bring my beloved viola and my bow back to me. I ask you all for your help in making it happen. (Positive vibes/prayers/any form of good energy--these are also welcome and appreciated!)
My sincere thanks to you all.
Let the bow flow.
Yay, it's been found. A violin shop says they have it there in their store and is in contact with the owner!
Most Users Ever Online: 231
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:Guru, Weteozz, DimoNbutt, mearrosa, Jasonstile, Antoshkasot
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 11865, KindaScratchy: 1664, BillyG: 1775