FORUM

Please have a look at our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Cecilio CVN-200 up for auction on eBay
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
PopFiddle
Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
September 23, 2016 - 7:46 pm
Forum Posts: 172
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My trusty little CVN-200 that I originally picked up at Fiddlershop is up for auction on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cecili.....2271181774

The starting bid starting 9-23 is $50.

Here is the description posted there:

I purchased this Cecilio CVN-200 in April 2014 and played it for about two hours a day for about seven months until I got another violin in October of the same year. It has held up pretty well and I was careful to keep it clean and undamaged. The strings are the original D'Addario strings and they still have a lot of life in them. I have also lowered the bridge a couple of millimeters to make the upper positions easier to finger and I first tried playing all the way past the first octave on all strings on this instrument.

I am really pleased with the way the Cecilios play. The quality of sound that it makes is only as good as one would expect on an instrument this cheap, but despite that, it is really easy to play and get good resonant tones with the bow. This is not always something you can say about cheap violins. I was so impressed with how rare this is for me, I purchased another Cecilio, a CVN-700 and it plays just as easily, but of course it sounds much better. The wood and finish are of a much superior quality. I like to play my CVN-200 with mutes in order to dull the somewhat shrill sound of the cheap wood and finish. The finish on the CVN-200 is plastic lacquer of some kind and much easier to keep clean than oil finshes.

It comes with everything I got with it including some extra strings. The original case, and both bows are included. I originally purchased it from Fiddlershop. Both of the bows lost a bit of hair after getting stuck on the case's bow holder latch, one has lost the wire wrap on the grip and I have replaced the rubber grip with a glued on false leather piece. The fingerboard is also unglued in a spot, but it is not loose. You can't tell by looking at it and it is not a risk for coming off.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 231

Currently Online: terezka, BillyG
46 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today lakelivr
Upcoming HeadCheese, Mad_Wed, ButteryStuffs, harvestman, fiddlinmama, kit, makinnoise

Top Posters:

coolpinkone: 3755

Mad_Wed: 2849

Barry: 2661

Fiddlestix: 2637

Oliver: 2439

DanielB: 2379

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 3554

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2