Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddler man's "Addams Family" Virtual Group Halloween 2015 Project
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 (9 votes) 
kathykoz

Members
October 9, 2015 - 1:58 am
Forum Posts: 13
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well.....I have just sent a link to Pierre for my video. I am not happy with it at all but I am going away for the weekend and it was now or never...and I was determined that no matter what - come hell or high water - I was sending in a video no matter how bad it was :^) haha Hitting that Send key was a bit difficult!

Kathy

Leanna
Members
October 9, 2015 - 7:12 am
Forum Posts: 51
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, @kathykoz ! I know the feeling. I only had a narrow window of time last night in order to make a video for Fiddlerman. I made a video of violin one. Then I had some technical difficulties. I was going to do the other parts, but it was not possible. 

So I will send in the video of me playing violin one. I may try to find some time to send in some audio only recordings of the other parts so that they can be in the final mix.

Anyway, high five, Kathy! We did it!

Leanna

kathykoz

Members
October 9, 2015 - 11:15 am
Forum Posts: 13
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Leanna  Hi Leanna, haha I was lucky to just get Violin IV and I didn't have technical difficulties :^) I had to erase the bad footage from Wednesday in order to record more bad footage on Thursday :^)

But - We did it!!! Good job to the both of us :^)

Kathy

Leanna
Members
October 9, 2015 - 12:22 pm
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

kathykoz said
@Leanna  Hi Leanna, haha I was lucky to just get Violin IV and I didn't have technical difficulties :^) I had to erase the bad footage from Wednesday in order to record more bad footage on Thursday :^)

But - We did it!!! Good job to the both of us :^)

Kathy

It took me a ton of tries, too!  I hope Fiddlerman won't be upset, but I did not snap or stomp.  I decided I wanted to look kind of calm, sort of like Morticia Addams.  So I hope other people did some interesting things for the snaps!

Leanna

Jim Dunleavy
United Kingdom
Members

Regulars
October 9, 2015 - 1:05 pm
Forum Posts: 886
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't want to sound smug, but I sent my videos in over a week ago. tongue

I didn't do the clicks either, but my wife stood behind me out of sight and put her hand up over my shoulder to do the clicks as Thing.

Leanna
Members
October 9, 2015 - 1:53 pm
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jim Dunleavy said
I don't want to sound smug, but I sent my videos in over a week ago. tongue

I didn't do the clicks either, but my wife stood behind me out of sight and put her hand up over my shoulder to do the clicks as Thing.

That's awesome, Jim!  It's great your wife could participate.  I am glad to hear so many people have done the recording already! :-)

I need to pick my best take and ship it out.  I'll just hold my nose and press "send"!

Leanna

Leanna
Members
October 10, 2015 - 1:56 pm
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman

Hi, Fiddlerman!  The webpage for this project said "no audio only submissions".  I recorded a video for violin 1, but I was thinking of sending in audio files for some of the other parts.  Are you firm on that "no audio only" submissions, or did that only apply to people who wanted to send in no video at all?  At least I will be sending in one video!

Leanna

AnnyJ
Members

Regulars
October 10, 2015 - 3:08 pm
Forum Posts: 262
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never manage to get it down (not with the click track)  I was fine playing it by itself after I finally got in the rhythm. I'm fine pizzicato-ing it with the click track, but the second I try to bow it out together with the click track everything goes haywire.frownembarassed

It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself. Johann S.Bach

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
October 11, 2015 - 7:18 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm sure it'll be fine AnnyJ :)

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
October 11, 2015 - 7:23 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will unfortunately not have time to mix the videos if you don't get them to me in time. This is a reminder to start recording the video soon. :)

Also, even though it's not mandatory, I would love for you all to dress up. Here is a photo of The Addams Family in case you need ideas. It's not necessary to be one of them but it's really cool if you are. :)

The-Addams-Family.jpgImage Enlarger

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Leanna
Members
October 11, 2015 - 7:45 pm
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, Fiddlerman! I hope you got the link to  the video of me playing violin one that I sent you in an email. I was going to try to record some other parts for you, but Les went to the hospital again today. So I am not going to be able to do any more. I am glad at least I was able to send you the one video. Good luck to everybody!

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
October 11, 2015 - 9:01 pm
Forum Posts: 1760
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
I will unfortunately not have time to mix the videos if you don't get them to me in time. This is a reminder to start recording the video soon. :)

@fiddlerman Is the deadline tomorrow (10/12), as it says on the project page?

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
October 12, 2015 - 5:22 pm
Forum Posts: 4180
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Jim Dunleavy .. You can be a bit smug..... congrats on your submission....how cool that your wife did the snapping bits.

Woo hoo..

Can't wait to see and hear this project.

vampire7vampire8vampire29vampire13vampire18

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Leana
Members

Regulars
October 12, 2015 - 6:28 pm
Forum Posts: 227
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

All ya'all have a right to be smug !   :)  can't wait to see the end game !

I made a horrible beginners mistake believing that I could do Violin1 on time if I just practiced enough-  That might have been true, but my enough, and enough to do it successfully are two different things !  I tried to do violin3 at the last minute, but I can't even pull that off-  I have started practicing twinkle, twinkle- by "double noting" it in same time span- maybe that will help me in the future.

I tried (really hard actually).  I'm not going to be too hard on myself tho- I am still a baby at this.  I am looking forward to the next project.  I'm sure it's going to be awesome !

I swear- someday I will be playing as well as my imagination 

Mad_Wed
Russia, Tatarstan rep. Kazan city
Members

Regulars
October 12, 2015 - 7:57 pm
Forum Posts: 2849
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

done

I was not sure who i want to look like: Fester, Wednesday or Homer... So... XD 

2324.jpg

Hope that will work =)

My apologies for the bad playing - i practiced with the instructional videos (and did not with the CT, i'm stupid, sorry!!!!) and transition to a slower tempo is kinda hard for me, things are messing up, LOL!!

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Just4Fun
Members
October 12, 2015 - 8:36 pm
Forum Posts: 62

Shoot I finally got my kids to bed (after a very long 3 day weekend with my husband out of town) and was going to start recording and then I remembered the last project took hours to upload and send. I'm hoping to get a halfway decent take by 9pm but now I don't know if I should bother since the upload could take until tomorrow :(

Edit: So after much struggling with horrible pixelated and choppy conversions, I finally got the file converted to mp4 and realized that was the reason my last SPREND took hours... I was sending a .mov last time and apparently those files are 10x the size of .mp4.  Oops, now I know.  Hopefully I wasn't too late, I never meant to wait til the last minute, but it's been a pretty horrible first month and a half of the kids going back to school including a trip to the hospital for my youngest to get staples in his head.  All grand plans of practicing while the kids were at school have fallen to pieces, but pulling together this video reminded me how happy I am when I'm playing.

Leanna
Members
October 13, 2015 - 6:43 pm
137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mad_Wed said
done

I was not sure who i want to look like: Fester, Wednesday or Homer... So... XD 

2324.jpg

Hope that will work =)

My apologies for the bad playing - i practiced with the instructional videos (and did not with the CT, i'm stupid, sorry!!!!) and transition to a slower tempo is kinda hard for me, things are messing up, LOL!!

Your costume and the decorations look great!  Can't wait to hear you, too. I am sure you did a great job.  We're all very critical of ourselves!

Leanna
Members
October 13, 2015 - 6:45 pm
138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just4Fun said
Shoot I finally got my kids to bed (after a very long 3 day weekend with my husband out of town) and was going to start recording and then I remembered the last project took hours to upload and send. I'm hoping to get a halfway decent take by 9pm but now I don't know if I should bother since the upload could take until tomorrow :(

Edit: So after much struggling with horrible pixelated and choppy conversions, I finally got the file converted to mp4 and realized that was the reason my last SPREND took hours... I was sending a .mov last time and apparently those files are 10x the size of .mp4.  Oops, now I know.  Hopefully I wasn't too late, I never meant to wait til the last minute, but it's been a pretty horrible first month and a half of the kids going back to school including a trip to the hospital for my youngest to get staples in his head.  All grand plans of practicing while the kids were at school have fallen to pieces, but pulling together this video reminded me how happy I am when I'm playing.

I sympathize so much!  My sweetie has been in and out of the hospital this month.  Hope your son is okay. Glad you figured out the file size thing with MOV vs MP4! :-)

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
October 13, 2015 - 7:43 pm
Forum Posts: 1760
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I sent my video in last night...such as it is. I sound awful (thank goodness Pierre can lower my volume when mixing the sound) because I didn't have much time to practice and I look pretty bizarre. I guess the character I was going for was Grandma Addams. See what you think. Not saying which is which. :)

grandma_addams.jpgImage Enlarger

Grandma_Addams_KindaScratchy_bw.jpgImage Enlarger

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
October 14, 2015 - 7:16 pm
Forum Posts: 4180
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay Diane, Naska Just 4 Fun !!!! congrats...

Leanna - don't be hard on yourself... Yes.. I am sure the next project will be better. Hope your sweetie is better.

Just 4 fun.. I hope the childs head is healing nicely.

Too too sexy.. Naska and Diane... WOOO HOOOO  Go Addams Family project...

Can't wait. 

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 81
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Shell, Squiryl, GlassTownCur, mcassidy2004, Reptile Smile, MyMing, CarolineNH, JamesRSmithJr, SethroTull86
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7828
ABitRusty: 3921
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2435
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2154
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31673
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10606
Newest Members:
alicedcoz258, Dres pirate, tonyluo, Terrence Terry Ruddy, andrea924breaux, pybring, stive4545, kevin498, Fiddlerjones, FidgetFrog
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16430, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5359