Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Win the Cecilio CVN-200
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 11, 2011 - 11:18 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
21sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was considering printing 100 hats cheap and selling them but I figured that it was too commercial and skipped it. LOL

Maybe it's a good way to both bring in a little money and spread the site. I just remember how we were stuck with a bunch of T-shirts with our band "Electric Fiddlers" in Sweden. Probably 1000 was too ambitious.

rofl

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Robyn.fnq
Queensland, Australia

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
August 11, 2011 - 11:57 pm
Forum Posts: 587
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22sp_Permalink sp_Print

CatMcCall said:

Only if your listings are current smile Only one entry for me, and it's old. It is disturbing to see my former phone number listed when I paid good money to keep it unlisted.

It is apparently very easy for people who know how ... for instance, there was a spot on local current affairs here which showed how easy it was to find a teenage girl from facebook.  She'd used a pseudonym and hadn't included any details, but just from chatting with her friends about after school stuff, sport practise, etc, a detective found her, waited till her parents got home, and confronted them all with the horrible truth.  And that poor girl had done everything right.

And it's especially disturbing to find details that you've never published so openly displayed for all to see.

frown

If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.

pky
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 12:44 am
Forum Posts: 969

Robyn.fnq said:

It is apparently very easy for people who know how … for instance, there was a spot on local current affairs here which showed how easy it was to find a teenage girl from facebook.  She'd used a pseudonym and hadn't included any details, but just from chatting with her friends about after school stuff, sport practise, etc, a detective found her, waited till her parents got home, and confronted them all with the horrible truth.  And that poor girl had done everything right.

And it's especially disturbing to find details that you've never published so openly displayed for all to see.

frown

Yes! It is very true that for those who are good at computer to find some body through chatting (I think they could hack your computer and get  your computer location and then locate you) or face book. I have read some news about some girls met some guys on line and those guys located them and did bad things to them, e.g., stalked them, raped them, kidnapped them.

I never post any of my daughter's pictures on line and would never let strangers take pictures of my daughter as well. I might be over protective of my daughter but who know what they would do with my daughter's photo?

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 10:14 am
Forum Posts: 159
24sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said:

WIN THIS FIDDLE - CVN200

OK guys, You are the first to know,

The rules are simple and lot's of you have a chance. Be one of the top 25 posters to be eligible to win. As usual, the quality of the posts matters. Please don't post simple useless remarks just to be in the top 25.

Good luck to all of you :-)

I would like to know that must the posts be posted here to be eligible or anywhere in the forum? :)

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 10:18 am
25sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said:

WIN THIS FIDDLE - CVN200

OK guys, You are the first to know,

The rules are simple and lot's of you have a chance. Be one of the top 25 posters to be eligible to win. As usual, the quality of the posts matters. Please don't post simple useless remarks just to be in the top 25.

Good luck to all of you :-)

I would like to know that must the posts be posted here to be eligible or anywhere in the forum? :)

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 12, 2011 - 11:06 am
26sp_Permalink sp_Print

Posts can be made anywhere in the forum.

Welcome to the forum Huey. I've played in the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra in Kuala Lumpur on several occasions.

Here are the rules.dancing

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 11:34 am
27sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said:

Posts can be made anywhere in the forum.

Welcome to the forum Huey. I've played in the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra in Kuala Lumpur on several occasions.

Here are the rules.dancing

Ouhh ok and thank you for the welcome! And you did? my sister went there once in a school trip. I didn't though :)

pky
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 3:27 pm
28sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome Huey. I'm from Sarawak:), never been to Melaka but have always wanted to because of the historical background. I will visit Melaka one day.

Pikachu
Pallet Town

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 12, 2011 - 6:18 pm
Forum Posts: 154
29sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think a cafepress or some other print on demand thingy might be a better bet for fiddlerman wearables.

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 12:31 am
30sp_Permalink sp_Print

pky said:

Welcome Huey. I'm from Sarawak:), never been to Melaka but have always wanted to because of the historical background. I will visit Melaka one day.

ouhh hello pky! is Sarawak nice? Good to know there's someone else from Malaysia here :)

pky
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 1:41 am
31sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like Sarawak, it's not as busy as Kuala Lumpur, more natural.

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 2:13 am
32sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is not as hectic as Kuala Lumpur too and maybe someday I'll go to Sarawak. ^^ so are you a violinist? 

pky
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 2:20 am
33sp_Permalink sp_Print

no, I just started, this is my seventh day LOL

Do you play any instrument?

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 3:01 am
34sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nope. But I'd love to learn the violin someday.

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 3:23 am
35sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pky, may I know what is the brand of your violin and how much is it? because I want to buy 1 but it can't be too expensive so since you live in Malaysia, I'd like to know the normal price of a violin in Malaysia. Thank you :D

David Burns
Winfield, Missouri

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 7:47 am
Forum Posts: 425

Huey142 said:

Pky, may I know what is the brand of your violin and how much is it? because I want to buy 1 but it can't be too expensive so since you live in Malaysia, I'd like to know the normal price of a violin in Malaysia. Thank you :D

Hi Huey,

Welcome to the forum! I have to say I don't know what expensive is in Malaysia. I just wanted to tell you I purchased a $100.00 (USD) blue violin from KK Musicstore.

Link to KK Music

The violin comes with everything you need to play. At $100 I thought it would probably be a piece of worthless junk. I think it is a great deal for the money. You can make music with it, make people smile. If you click the link above it will take you to KK Music, there is a video of a black violin being reviewed by Fiddlerman. The video can tell you more than I can, I hope this helped a little, Good Luck!

Dave

pky
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 10:53 am
37sp_Permalink sp_Print

huey,

I am a Malaysian, but i'm in the US right now.

i have a CVN 500, the fiddlerman also has a review video of it, it is $180 -- about 540 ringgit. In the US it is considered a cheap, violin shape object to many, if not most. However, it depends on your income, in Malaysia it would be considered expensive.

The fiddlerman is going to raffle off another five violin or so, check it out.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 13, 2011 - 11:11 am
38sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry Pky, I did not realize that you lived in Malaysia. Huey wrote Melaka, Malaysia in her profile. Great to have several Malaysians here :-) I looked up Sarawak and have a little idea where it is now.
I haven't been in KL for a year and a half now but it's tough to work far from home and family for longer periods. They would rather me play for a minimum of 3 weeks because of the high airline ticket prices. Also the trip took me over 24 hours last time and 13 hours time difference. It's a fun orchestra with a lot of great musicians and people working there. The city is interesting too but I find it EXTREMELY hot and I live in Florida. LOL

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 11:22 am
39sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Dave and Pky for the suggestion, but I actually want to buy in a store and not online. I just wanted to know the price so I can start saving now since I'm still a student and 580 ringgit is pretty expensive for me so that means I should really save my money now. Anyway thanks for both of your suggestions, I'll definitely buy it at the link you gave when I'm older and have my own credit card. Thank you very much :D

Huey142
Melaka,Malaysia

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
August 13, 2011 - 11:25 am
40sp_Permalink sp_Print

And I agree with you fiddlerman, Malaysia is really hot. Even I can't stand it most of the time. ^^

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Gordon Shumway, Mouse
Guest(s) 143
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, wonderputz, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7761
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31663
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10590
Newest Members:
Adityaail, SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5309