Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Member Group Project – The Ash Grove – Deadline 20 Jun 2022
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (46 votes) 
SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 2:58 pm
Forum Posts: 1526
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Project Submission has ended. 

Completed Project Video is here:

https://fiddlerman.com/forum/s.....s-project/

I decided to create a Members Group Video Project.  I’ve arranged a version for The Ash Grove, including parts for Violin, Viola & Cello.  I will put submitted videos together, & post it here on the Forum.

The links below will bring you to the sheet music & click tracks.

The Rules:

1. You will need to use your Forum PM function to either provide the YouTube URL location of your video, or to provide an email to have a Vimeo upload link sent to you.  Note: If you are a member who does not have PM privileges yet, you may submit your video via Option 3 (see below under How to Submit Your Video).

2. You must use a click track provided (see link below)—just like FM Group Projects, I have to match the videos up with a matching tempo. 

Also, you will need to listen to the click track via headphones, earbuds, etc., so that you can hear the click track but it is not audible in you video.

This means you need two devices to capture the video—one to record the video, the other to provide you the click track while you play.

3. You must use the sheet music provided.  No improv.

4. Your video must have at least 10 seconds before you start playing the first note & 10 seconds after you stop playing the last note.

5. You must submit your video via YouTube. Additionally, the video file you submit must use the file naming convention I’ve indicated (see below).

6. (SUBMISSION VIA VIMEO - OPTION TO SUBMIT VIA VIMEO HAS ENDED - 13 JUN 2022)

7. Do not submit more than one video for an individual part.  In other words, ensure the video you send me is your FINAL VERSION.  Please, no multiple submissions.  

Do submit separate videos for different parts, if you are inclined to play more than one part (and you can send separate parts at different times). 

Note: Only one video per member will be shown in the final project.  Other video parts submitted will be included in the final project as audio only.  No audio-only submissions permitted.  If you submit videos for more than one part, indicate which video you want in the final project.

8. Ensure your video shows your face & you playing your instrument. If you record your video with your phone, please use Landscape Mode.

9. Use this Forum thread to post questions, discuss, etc., or PM me (if you cannot PM, there is a Question Form you can use—see link below).  DO NOT post your email address here.  DO NOT email, message, etc., Fiddlerman questions about this project—this is a Members Group Project, not a Fiddlerman Group Project.

Video File Naming Convention:

Before you submit your video, please use this standardized naming convention.  I won’t use it if it is not in this format:

Ashgrove_Forum username_part abbreviation

For example, Ashgrove_SharonC_V1

Part abbreviations:

V1 – Violin 1

V2 – Violin 2

V3 – Violin 3

V4 - Violin 4

VA1 – Viola 1

VA2 – Viola 2

C1 – Cello 1

C2 – Cello 2

How to Submit Your Video

Option 1:  Upload your video to YouTube  (Note: You need to have a YouTube Account)

1. Upload your video to YouTube. Note: When you save your video to YouTube, please set visibility to Unlisted.
  2. Send me a PM via the Forum with your YouTube URL address for your video. Please ensure it is the address for your specific video, & not just your channel.
  3. I will send you a confirmation PM back to let you know I have it.

Option 2 (This Option has ended 13 Jun 2022): Vimeo option

Option 3: For members who do not have PM privileges: You will need to communicate with me via an online form (in lieu of a PM message), and then will do the same as option #1 or #2 above based on your choice (YouTube or Vimeo).  Instructions for this Option 3 are here: 

<<Project Ended--Links Deleted>>

In addition to messaging you back a confirmation, I will have a Status spreadsheet posted that you can check throughout the time of the project (see link below).

Deadline for video Submissions:

Last day to request a link to upload to Vimeo is 13 Jun 2022.  Last day to upload a video to a Vimeo link I provide you is 14 Jun 2022.  After this, you will need to use YouTube.

Last day/time to submit via YouTube is 20 June 2022, 1pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

JohnG
Greater Chicagoland
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 3:25 pm
Forum Posts: 1591

Awesome, hopefully I can finally participate!

The old curmudgeon!

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 4:43 pm
Forum Posts: 7759

@SharonC -

WOO HOO!

BUT, your criteria leaves out SiennaAViolin, in particular - even though she has participated with 42 posts, she's not allowed PM, yet. 

...and she showed interest - suggested a GP! 

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 6:07 pm

@ELCBK **Edited 25 Apr** Updated rules.  Option 3 for those without PM privileges.

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 6:36 pm
Forum Posts: 7759

@SharonC -

Excellent arrangement & click tracks - you've made this GP extremely user friendly!   PLUS, the deadline is my Birthday (so I won't forget)! 🤗 

THANK YOU!

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 24, 2022 - 7:12 pm

@ELCBK Thanks! Looks like I picked the right date for the deadline! smile

Mark
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 2:19 am
Forum Posts: 2149

SharonC

Thank you for tackling this project a very large undertaking, it is much appreciated.

I'll try to participate on this project, it looks like a good one.

Mark

Master the Frog and you have mastered the bow.

Albert Sammons

Grandpafiddle
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 10:38 am
Forum Posts: 106

So just to clear it up for me, you need to have at least 100 forum posts in order to have PM permission which is a requirement to participate in the project? Am I correct with this? I only have 55 posts, so I don't think I can do PM's yet.

Grandpaviolin

Violin ---- the most human of all instruments

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 2:54 pm

@Grandpafiddle  Edited rules.  Option 3 above available to those who can't send Forum PMs.

Where there's a will, there's a way smile

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 5:41 pm
Forum Posts: 120
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC How do I send you the video on Drive?

"In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music."
- Dmitri Shostakovich.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 6:26 pm

@SiennaAViolin  You’re not submitting your video on Drive. 

You’re either (1) uploading your video to YouTube and sending me the link, or (2) sending me an email address & requesting an upload link from me for Vimeo where you will upload the video. 

Since you cannot yet send me this info on PM, I have an alternative: an online form where you can put this info in.

This link takes you to Drive with a document called Instructions Members without PM Privileges:

https://drive.google.com/drive.....P7JPbX7EMr

Open this document, & follow the instructions—it will direct you to the online form, & tell you how to put the information in.

Thanks for asking--I know if may seem confusing, and someone else might have the same questions.smile

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 6:59 pm
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you @SharonC  I will try to be in this group project. Do you assign parts or do we get to pick them our selves?

- Dmitri Shostakovich.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:12 pm
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SiennaAViolin  You're welcome.  No assigned parts.  You pick what you want to play.  You can even play multiple parts if you want to! 

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:22 pm
Forum Posts: 3915
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

great stuff @SharonC youve taken on some tasks there for all of us!  appreciate that and thank you!  i think i should be able to join.  maybe a good time to learn the alto cleff and do some viola

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:49 pm
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC I've already started practicing it. I am doing 1st violin.

- Dmitri Shostakovich.

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:52 pm
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC am I supposed to name my YouTube video Ashgrove_SiennaAViolin_V1?

- Dmitri Shostakovich.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:56 pm
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SiennaAViolin  Yes--

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 7:58 pm
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks @SharonC.

- Dmitri Shostakovich.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 8:00 pm
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SiennaAViolin thumbs-up

SiennaAViolin
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 8:05 pm
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC did you compose this song?

- Dmitri Shostakovich.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 100
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Michael Browder, EBurrell
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7759
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31662
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10589
Newest Members:
SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08, creativestringsinfo
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5305