Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
Fiddlershop is currently looking for a 7th repair/setup/luthier technician to join our team. Send PM if you are interested.
For sale: 1924 4/4 violin, 2 bows, case & accessories
April 1, 2018 - 1:53 am
Member Since: April 1, 2018
Forum Posts: 1
For more pics, see original craigslist post: https://raleigh.craigslist.org.....23754.html
I am selling my violin, case, and various accessories (package deal, smaller accessories will not be sold individually). I originally bought this instrument from Seman Violins in Chicago, IL. I was a music performance major for several years before switching to English. I'm currently a graduate student pursuing an MFA in creative writing, and have no time to play anymore, so I'd like to sell it and make sure it's getting some good use. It's been a very good instrument to me, and I've taken good care of it. This is a great instrument for intermediate players. ***If you are interested in this I will provide pictures of the instrument's and bow's original paperwork.***
Included in this package: one 4/4 violin, two bows, two shoulder rests, case, adjustable violin stand, two sets of strings. Everything together has been adjusted/depreciated from the original prices. Please see spec details of everything below.
- The violin was made in 1924 by Robert Weber in Wisconsin. It was originally $3300. It has a warm sound, which I've brightened by using Evah Pirazzi strings. There is a slight wolf tone on the high B on the G string, which is not usually an issue since one is rarely up there for that long. If you are near my location and would like to test it, please let me know. ***Has not been to a luthier for tune-ups/adjustments in a couple of years.***
- The original bow I purchased it with was made by Albert Schuster and was $1600. ***IMPORTANT! The bow had a break at the tip when I took it to a luthier in 2010 (they dropped it). It has since been repaired (by Seman violins) and I can't tell the difference when playing from when I first got it, although I did take this into account when depreciating the value for this post.*** Depreciated after-break and age price is 50% off, so $1000 before I take the additional percentage off.
- I am including my spare bow, which is a DZ Strad model 501 pernambuco wood bow. I bought it on Amazon for $159 just this past year. Good bounce, you can look it up on Amazon for specs if you wish.
- BAM high tech contoured carbon fiber case with backpack-style straps. It has some surface scratches (see pics), originally $578
- Kun "Voce" shoulder rest, originally $70
- Playonair junior brown shoulder rest, originally $22 (I use a rubber band and lost the original strap so I am depreciating this to $15 before final price depreciations)
- Ingles adjustable violin stand, originally $32
- Two NEW unopened sets of Evah Pirazzi strings ($78 apiece), originally $156
- Extras included for free: Leatherwood Bespoke rosin, only used maybe 10 times, originally $70; two practice mutes; one performance mute
ORIGINAL TOTAL OF EVERYTHING = $5310
If you don't want a certain accessory that's listed here as part of the package sale I can deduct it from the total price. If you don't want any of the accessories other than the case, I'm asking $4000.
I will accept in-person sales ONLY and cash or cashier's certified checks ONLY. Let me know if you are interested and/or have questions.
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 424
Currently Online: MoonShadows
Currently Browsing this Page:
Upcoming Georganne, brewyet, Krootie, PaganinisGhost, ptrckmcconn, Bill97a, xTIDx, cashierjim, Bella86, cid
Kevin M.: 1969
Guest Posters: 3
Newest Members:paulie, JudyC, Barbara J, takenca, PeaceDuke, lsm
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 14717, KindaScratchy: 1737, coolpinkone: 4169, BillyG: 3042, MrsFiddlerman: 1, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, cid: 1326
© Simple:Press —