Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Christmas Things - 2022
The season's upon us--just things (musical or not) you come across or are re-visiting that you'd like to share
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (30 votes) 
SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2022 - 1:23 pm
Forum Posts: 1550
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
41sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sugar Plum Fairy – GlassDuo (glass harp)

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2022 - 8:58 pm
Forum Posts: 4008
42sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im officially protesting winter.. BAHhumBUG with 0 degrees and snow

Mark
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 12:15 am
Forum Posts: 2177
43sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a note: if I tried to play the glasses like they did we would have a lot of broken glasses with my clumsy hands!

Yelp winter is here to, -2 here on the way to work tonight. At least it will be a white Christmas, then I'll be ready for the snow to go away.

Mark

Master the Frog and you have mastered the bow.

Albert Sammons

AndrewH
Sacramento, California
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 12:24 am
Forum Posts: 1713

Two orchestral pieces based on Christmas carols:

JohnG
Greater Chicagoland
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 9:32 am
Forum Posts: 1591
45sp_Permalink sp_Print

Currently -7 here in greater Chicagoland at 8:30 am!!

The old curmudgeon!

AndrewH
Sacramento, California
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 3:28 pm
Forum Posts: 1713

I can only comprehend those temperatures in the abstract, I've literally only seen them in walk-in freezers.

After growing up in the Middle East, the entire continental US is cold for me. I find California too cold from November through March, and I have no interest in living anywhere colder.

(For me, anything under 70 is cold, and anything under 60 is too cold for me to be outdoors for longer than 5 minutes at a time... I can maybe push that lower limit down to the low 50s if I'm exercising and in direct sunlight.)

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 4:27 pm
47sp_Permalink sp_Print

AndrewH said
Two orchestral pieces based on Christmas carols:

. . .

@AndrewH  These are wonderful!  Was listening to them this morning--thanks for posting them.christmaswreath

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 23, 2022 - 6:51 pm
Forum Posts: 8088

https://merrychristmasimagess.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Christmas-Clip-Art-Images.jpeg

LOVE ALL THESE videos - Thanx everyone! 

It's taken me a while to listen to all of them - GlassDuo is pretty remarkable. 😊 

I just found out there's going to be a series of Candlelight Concerts in Detroit, different Winter performances through March - one is tonight... wish I was able to attend. 

When I was growing up in Dearborn, the First United Methodist Church, would have a beautiful Christmas Concert of Hand Bells, but I haven't made it back there since our Daughter was little. 

...it wasn't quite as big as this extravaganza.

https://thepartyteacher.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/FF-Christmas-Wall-Art-Design-Wash-Rinse-Repeat.jpg

- Emily

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 24, 2022 - 1:27 pm
49sp_Permalink sp_Print

George Winston album December, the 1st track is  called “Thanksgiving”- the other songs are listed alongside it on the YouTube site below.

I had a cassette of this in the 80’s – played it a lot.  It makes me think of snow in the Northeast (the nice part of it—not the shoveling, ice-scraping, slipping-and-falling-down part smile ).

list=OLAK5uy_nbEvF6epcfaL021PNcS4w8-x0-2vabG2I

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 24, 2022 - 1:28 pm
50sp_Permalink sp_Print

IMG_3906.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 24, 2022 - 1:28 pm
51sp_Permalink sp_Print

IMG_3904.PNGImage Enlarger

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 25, 2022 - 7:01 pm
52sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can listen to Handel’s Messiah in its entirety tonight here (Live audio stream--carols right now, Messiah starting at 9pm EST):

https://live.mystreamplayer.co.....amilyradioHandel-Messiah.JPGImage Enlarger

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 27, 2022 - 5:35 am
Forum Posts: 8088

SharonC said
George Winston album December, the 1st track is  called “Thanksgiving”- the other songs are listed alongside it on the YouTube site below.

I had a cassette of this in the 80’s – played it a lot.  It makes me think of snow in the Northeast (the nice part of it—not the shoveling, ice-scraping, slipping-and-falling-down part smile ).

list=OLAK5uy_nbEvF6epcfaL021PNcS4w8-x0-2vabG2I

https://i0.wp.com/box5370.temp.domains/~insertc8/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/WinterEssentials.png?resize=640%2C360

I finally got a chance to listen to this entire album. 

Really beautiful!

Not only did I LOVE Thanksgiving, but really fell in love with the 3 parts of Night and also Peace

Thanks for sharing this! 

...snow is supposed to be gone the end of the week, guess we were lucky to have a white Christmas.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Mouse
Guest(s) 83
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming anonkid, KindaScratchy, freesbee, paulinefiddle, Allenph, oneloudmime, MsJoy, Sandybourne, Ripton, Space., loveluach, husseinHr, reedc83, Guido, A. V. Suvorov, Scrap, DennisS, JiminTexas, mcwey, Fashionandfiddle, Giovanni
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 8088
ABitRusty: 4008
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2455
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2177
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31703
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10642
Newest Members:
alisawilson, justinbrown, joshiburman, jamesmartinjs12, davidmorgan, OliviaErin, pbstrings, nayaghosh, henrykang, anna.byrne80
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16439, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5448