Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Halloween Party - 2023
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (31 votes) 
ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 3, 2023 - 7:22 pm
Forum Posts: 4009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
41sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC I decided to outsource some of the more specialized stuff to the North American Dancing Poodles consortium.  Really much easier than trying to motivate the hounds off their beds for non running or eating activities.  Theyre particular about the human productions asked of them.

good catch on that! 🤣

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 16, 2023 - 10:05 pm
42sp_Permalink sp_Print

well @SharonC its several weeks late but had a chance tonight to wrap it up.

Nightmare Fiddlin

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
November 16, 2023 - 10:54 pm
Forum Posts: 8091

a621114b9c80be33a5edb1b042d159f5--vintage-halloween-photos-vintage-halloween-costumes.jpg@ABitRusty -

LOVED IT! 🤗 

WORTH WAITING FOR! 

...you beat me to it.  Kevin gets that look on his face, but he doesn't dance. 🤭 

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it! 

Really appreciate that you've talked about the Unreal Engine software, too.  Have you used the 'Rokoko Vision' before?

Hey, I'm still in the Halloween mood... just got derailed.  No Xmas music allowed in the house until after Thanksgiving. 😈

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 16, 2023 - 11:35 pm
44sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ELCBK said
a621114b9c80be33a5edb1b042d159f5--vintage-halloween-photos-vintage-halloween-costumes.jpg

LOVED IT! 🤗 

WORTH WAITING FOR! 

...you beat me to it.  Kevin gets that look on his face, but he doesn't dance. 🤭 

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it! 

Really appreciate that you've talked about the Unreal Engine software, too.  Have you used the 'Rokoko Vision' before?

Hey, I'm still in the Halloween mood... just got derailed.  No Xmas music allowed in the house until after Thanksgiving. 😈

Just the one time for the goblin "dance?" 🤣

that was even more ridiculous to watch.  Rokoko helps to automate the animation.  Gives you a way to customize animations.   but theres still alot to it if never done before.  Once you upload a video to their servers it creates a skeletal mesh thing you can then import into a site called mixamo.  from there you can attach to different characters and download.  import into unreal and setup some mappings to ikrigs there.

its a process.  

learned a new tune too so theres that i guess 🙂

stringy
Members

Regulars
November 17, 2023 - 6:44 am
Forum Posts: 2096
45sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great tune and playing Greg, never heard that one before did you write it?.

Vid was bob on as well, for animations I used to use poser, I would build the creatures in mud box and max , for which you can import motion capture files to make your creatures do whatever you want, it was great fun but a long time ago, and people wanted work which would take a week for nothing, so I gave it up. I took a look at unreal engine it looks good, won't run on my windows 7 unfortunately though, and can't stretch to a new computer;( maybe when I win the lottery lol

Mark
Members

Regulars
November 17, 2023 - 10:35 am
Forum Posts: 2177
46sp_Permalink sp_Print

ABitRusty

Great video, I'm just jealous he dances better than I do!

Mark

Master the Frog and you have mastered the bow.

Albert Sammons

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 17, 2023 - 7:57 pm

@stringy said
Great tune and playing Greg, never heard that one before did you write it?.

Vid was bob on as well, for animations I used to use poser, I would build the creatures in mud box and max , for which you can import motion capture files to make your creatures do whatever you want, it was great fun but a long time ago, and people wanted work which would take a week for nothing, so I gave it up. I took a look at unreal engine it looks good, won't run on my windows 7 unfortunately though, and can't stretch to a new computer;( maybe when I win the lottery lol

Thank you @stringy.  I think with your background youd get a kick out of messing with it.  Kinda neat.  Im not aiming for any revenue from it Good thing huh!!? 😂  just make goobey videos from time to time.

Its the 2nd tune of this set stringy.  where i heard it.  was looking for a horror-ish sounding title i havent played before.

@Mark thanks for watching!..  Dont be jealous. 😉  All i did was act like I was reaching for a donut and then flailed the arms around a bit as if a wasp flew up for a visit.  Im sure itll catch on.  

Here it is without all the jazz and just a cell phone video...

Pull The Knife and Stick it in Again

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
November 18, 2023 - 12:18 pm
Forum Posts: 8091

@ABitRusty -

Always loved the name 'Pull The Knife' - definitely gruesome, there's great aliases & interesting info at thesession.org.  Been on my list ever since you convinced me to try the 'Boys of Pleasure'!

When I found out how long it took to create animation, back in the late 80's/early 90's - didn't have the time, or the money for a good enough PC, to invest.  Figured if I waited long enough, technology would catch up.  ...now, I wish 'I' could catch up!  

Hey, seems like a good theme you got going - where's YOUR medieval warrior costume

Btw, thanks for making this a GREAT Halloween Party! 🤗

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 18, 2023 - 7:57 pm

@elcbk said "..where's YOUR medieval warrior costume? "

i didnt see any tshirt and shorts with sandals in there. 😉

i guess i shouldve left the unreal stuff out.  guess i got carried away and thought it would ve something funny.  I would like to continue experimenting with it.  especially the landscape envirinments.   

"When I found out how long it took to create animation, back in the late 80's/early 90's - didn't have the time, or the money for a good enough PC, to invest.  Figured if I waited long enough, technology would catch up.  ...now, I wish 'I' could catch up!"

I KNOW exactly what you mean.  im deviating way off topic of halloween party but.. many years ago i looked at cost of maya and said no way id ever be able to afford that for a hobby.  its like 3000 a year.  subscription or something.  that is a price im saying i remember which may not be reality...but anyway..when i found unreal for free...and what the possibilities were ..couldnt help but give it a go.

theres another animation type program called procreate dreams that is set to release on nov 22nd or 28th.. it runs on ipad.  I cant draw a stick figure well but am gonna try that one out and see what the fuss is about.

BLENDER is also free and open source.  I think the 3d characters like the goblin in my video can be made in it.  unreal as far as i know doesnt have a scuplting capability.  just all the tools to animate and sequence camera shots and such.

somewhere in all that..ill practice fiddle 🙂

SharonC
Members

Regulars
November 19, 2023 - 10:08 am
Forum Posts: 1550
50sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ABitRusty  That was marvelous!  Great playing, and the environment you created works really well with your tune.  That Unreal Engine software is amazing; love the panning effect.  And now I'm going to have to check out the Rokoko as well smile

How did you insert yourself?  Did you record with a green screen?

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
November 19, 2023 - 10:50 am

Thanks @SharonC !  ill share the video i found that showed what to do.  Youll need to export to a .EXR sequence from your video editing software.   that will create MANY individuals files BUT the software will know theyre all linked and part of a video sequence.  

heres a link back to the most important videos i used

https://fiddlerman.com/forum/f.....2/#p137294

heres how to import your green screen EXR sequence into u real

one thing extra thats annoying is the lighting of the import.   you can adjust it so it doeant show up so bright. 

Oh and yes i used the magic mask in davinci to key myself out.   i filmed against a green screen but honestly i dont think i needed to.  magic mask did great with the exception of the tip of my bow.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 110
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming anonkid, KindaScratchy, freesbee, paulinefiddle, Allenph, oneloudmime, MsJoy, Sandybourne, Ripton, Space., loveluach, husseinHr, reedc83, Guido, A. V. Suvorov, Scrap, DennisS, JiminTexas, mcwey, Fashionandfiddle, Giovanni
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 8091
ABitRusty: 4008
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2458
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2177
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31704
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10645
Newest Members:
ghaash, alisawilson, justinbrown, joshiburman, jamesmartinjs12, davidmorgan, OliviaErin, pbstrings, nayaghosh, henrykang
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16439, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5452