Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
August Kohr HC602 Violin Review
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
February 13, 2012 - 8:09 pm
Forum Posts: 16439

Lot's of great things were written about the August Kohr HC602 Violin in Strings Magazine so I decided to test it out myself. I could immediately see that this violin is set up and adjusted by skilled luthiers. The bridge is well cut without any excess wood, the sound-post is set right though it could undoubtedly move during shipping, and the pegs function properly without slipping or sticking.  This violin sings already after just being played for 30 minutes. During that short time the sound improved which leads me to believe that it will be considerably better in a few months as do most fine modern instruments. Playing this fiddle is pure joy and the sound coming out of it compares to fine Italian instruments. I can easily recommend this violin to not only students but also to professionals that can't afford to spend over tens of thousands of dollars to get a fine instrument.

Get yours at Fiddlershop.com

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Moris

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
February 13, 2012 - 8:30 pm
Forum Posts: 140
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Beautiful Violin and beautiful sound! I am sure the future owner will be very pleased and happy ;-)

"No one can do everything, but everyone can do something."

Oliver
NC

King
Regulars
February 13, 2012 - 8:57 pm
Forum Posts: 2439

What's the selling price?

coffee2

SORRY   .... just found everything in your store.  I've got to be tempted at that price and I can show my wife your video and say I will sound just like that !!!!

I saw the 602 in one and two piece backs.  What's that about ?

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Aleive
Northern Norway

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
February 14, 2012 - 2:33 am
Forum Posts: 121

*bleeds out from eyes, drools and hits chest furiously* I am so looking forward to it :D

"Art, as far as it is able, follows nature, as a pupil imitates his master; thus your art must be, as it were, God's grandchild."

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
February 14, 2012 - 10:14 am
Forum Posts: 16439

Here is the one that I did right after that one. I didn't practice it so it's not perfect but I had fun playing it. The harmonics didn't come out too well but I could have fixed it if I had worked on it for a half hour or so.
I am pretty sure you will be happy with your fiddle Aleive smile
I actually considered getting one as a second fiddle for outdoors and such. Had I not already ordered a CVN-300 last week to have decorated for me :-(

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Kevin M.
Nicholson, Pa
Members

Regulars
February 14, 2012 - 11:16 am
Forum Posts: 1973

I liked the part with you playing at the bridge.

Mad_Wed
Russia, Tatarstan rep. Kazan city
Members

Regulars
February 14, 2012 - 1:06 pm
Forum Posts: 2849

Oooooo!!!! Love this violindroolingdroolingdroolingdrooling

exactlythumbs-upheart

Aleive, i can imagine your happiness =) Will You make a video for us too when get it?drooling

Aleive
Northern Norway

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
February 14, 2012 - 3:15 pm

Hehe.. I will when I feel confident enough ;) Still got a ways. Been a musician for over one and a half decade. So I have certain standards before I go public :P But a month or so after I get it I see no reason not to :)

"Art, as far as it is able, follows nature, as a pupil imitates his master; thus your art must be, as it were, God's grandchild."

DragonLady
Buckhannon,WV

Advanced member
Members
February 14, 2012 - 4:32 pm
Forum Posts: 98

Oh wow that violin sounds beautiful compared to mine. Now I wish I keep my second violin all those years ago. 

16 years of experience and relearning.

Aleive
Northern Norway

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
February 15, 2012 - 2:36 am
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

I swear to God though.. I panicked at 0:25.. I was certain the string snapped :P

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Jim Dunleavy
Guest(s) 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today reedc83, Fashionandfiddle
Upcoming anonkid, KindaScratchy, freesbee, paulinefiddle, Allenph, oneloudmime, MsJoy, ARCoyne, Gringo, Sandybourne, Ripton, Space., loveluach, husseinHr, Guido, A. V. Suvorov, Scrap, DennisS, JiminTexas, mcwey, Giovanni
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 8093
ABitRusty: 4009
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2460
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2177
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31704
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10646
Newest Members:
ghaash, alisawilson, justinbrown, joshiburman, jamesmartinjs12, davidmorgan, OliviaErin, pbstrings, nayaghosh, henrykang
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16439, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5453