In order to play jazz and improvise on the violin you should familiarize yourself with the most common jazz scale which is known as the minor Dorian scale. Learn this scale in all the key signatures in both directions to give you the freedom to let loose and improvise effortlessly. Add the 9th to the scale and swing the eighth notes to make it even more interesting. Listen to as much jazz as possible to learn from what others are doing.
You must be signed in to post a commentMouse(Thursday, Jan 28. 2021 10:07 AM)Just checked; package is out for delivery. I think I will wait a day before sending my daughter her birthday card. I might be able to make her a better one with the items in the package.Mouse(Thursday, Jan 28. 2021 09:59 AM)Yes, it is. so far a really nice dy. Just waiting for a package that is suppose to arrive today so I can work on a project. I think it is to arrive today.Fiddlerman(Thursday, Jan 28. 2021 09:37 AM)All well this morning Cynth?Mouse(Thursday, Jan 28. 2021 09:29 AM)Good morningFiddlerman(Thursday, Jan 28. 2021 08:21 AM)Good morning!Fiddlerman(Wednesday, Jan 27. 2021 12:04 PM)For ELCBK – Join the club 😐ELCBK(Wednesday, Jan 27. 2021 10:08 AM)I haven’t been able to sleep again…Mouse(Wednesday, Jan 27. 2021 10:06 AM)Thank,you. I have to read it more thoroughly later when I am on my bigger pad.Mouse(Wednesday, Jan 27. 2021 10:05 AM)Yea, I did. I checked it out already. Early birdie!ELCBK(Wednesday, Jan 27. 2021 10:04 AM)See the new stuff I posted for you?
- Loading ...
Recent Forum Posts
- Topic: Ave maria
- Topic: The wonder of 5ths (as a power chord)
- Topic: Does Anyone Else Have a 5-String Fiddle?
- Topic: Lesser-known repertoire
- Topic: The Key to Our Heart Lies Within a Bow Stroke
- Topic: For Viola (or 5-string Violin) & Cello!
- Topic: Anyone Interested in a "Scandinavian Fiddle Genre"?
- Topic: Seeing Shifting Done During a Tune Tutorial.
- Topic: Worth repairing or not?
- Topic: What song is this?
- Topic: Ave maria