Please join us in our next Fiddlerman Group Project.
We will be playing, “White Christmas”.
- Learn to play “White Christmas” together with Fiddlerman and team.
- Record yourself playing one or more of the parts found below.
- Send us the recording and we’ll put together a Youtube video with all participants!
The new deadline for your submissions is on Monday Dec 13, after which I will begin mixing all the submissions. I can’t guarantee that I will use any submission received after this date. Keep posted as deadlines have been known to change. I encourage all participants to learn several parts. If the timing of your submission does not correspond with this click track file (coming soon) it will not be used. All submissions should be converted to MP4 (MPEG-4) with a minimum resolution of 640 x 480. No audio only submissions.
Please consider dressing the part if possible. This will make for a much more interesting video for us to share.
This year, we want to add a “chorus” before the actual instrumental performance. If you enjoy singing and are interested please use the same key signature, intonation, and click tracks.
The “Bing Crosby’s” lyrics that we will be using are:
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white
Visit this forum link to participate on the discussion of this project.
Please download the click track file to your computer, phone, MP3 player or similar for use during your recording. Any video submission recorded without the use of this click track “in ear” (preferably using a headphone jack) will not be used. I cannot match all the parts unless you are hearing the click track while recording.
After recording yourself with headphones using one of the 5 click tracks below (the click track should not be audible in your performance recording) upload your video below. Please make sure that you receive a confirmation that your submission has been received.
Upload link removed. Past deadline.
Video Tips and Requirements
- Name your file with the number of the part performed and name that you want used for credits. Example Vl4_Fiddlerman.mp4
- Record, and leave a minimum of 10 seconds before and after your performance.
- Set up your recording device (Camcorder, phone, tablet, camera) in landscape mode. Wider view vs upright.
- Center yourself as well as possible in the video frame.
- Have lighting in front of you and not behind you. Windows tend to make the object in the foreground look dark. Set up your camera on the window side or use sufficient lighting in front of you.
- Cloes-ups are great, but try to get more than just the width of your face. Don’t shoot from too far away either. We like to have a better quality picture of you, the subject. Distant filming reduces the quality drastically when zooming in for the mix.
- I will not use a video that does not include your face. Please aim the video correctly.
Please spread the word. The more the merrier.
CLICK TRACK FILES: Click on the desired titles to download them to your computer. Most likely they will end up in your download folder. If you prefer to play the click track files with an earplug straight from your computer use the player below.
- Click Track – All parts
- Click Track – First Part
- Click Track – Second Part
- Click Track – Third Part
- Click Track – Fourth Part
Violin Sheet Music
- White Christmas – Violin 1
- Opt 2nd X up an octave – Violin 1
- White Christmas – Violin 2
- White Christmas – Violin 3
- White Christmas – Violin 4
Viola Sheet Music
- White Christmas – Viola 1
- White Christmas – Viola 2
- White Christmas – Viola 3
- White Christmas – Viola 4
Cello Sheet Music
See previous projects: