Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
Please join our 2021 Fiddlerman “White Christmas” Group Project!
..............After that, I will have fun with my Rudolph (violin)...........
I take it you got "Rudolph" for Christmas???
@Fiddlerman you just couldn't resist could you? lol
I stay inspired. I only started playing fiddle a few months ago, but when I was a kid, once a month, PBS would play a segment of a series by Ruggiero Ricci. He was perfection to me. Jack Benny was one of my all time favorite comedians, right behind Gracie Allen, the greatest comedian of all, and he always had his violin close by. Every once in awhile he played it like a pro.
My life revolves around music, and if I don't have an instrument to play, I am the most miserable person around. Without music, I am dead inside.
I listened to Helen Reddy growing up. My sister and I played her records over and over. My sister was the bigger fan. But I still remember all the songs. . I like Angie Baby. I remember as a kid thinking what is that song about... Innocent minds....but I like that serious beat and tone in the song.
Love my coffee and sofa times.
I get inspired when I see my violin. The worst thing I did ... FOR the second time is put my violin in my office studio. Then when school was out for semester break and I was not in my office ... the violin sits in the corner.
Things that motivate me to play...
1. When I see the violin. It is out in my main room again where "she" needs to be and I am picking it up more often.
2. Coming here to talk with this great pack of musicians of great diversity.
3. When I preplan what I want to learn and play. Otherwise I just go over to the violin and play the 10-20 songs that I know.
4. Having the sheet music that I want to play on the stand, otherwise I have to go through a big binder of music and find what I need and it is not time effective.
5. Group projects and playing together.
Have a great day.
Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato