Check out the “Let it Snow” Xmas 2020 Group youtube project!”
Happy Fibonacci Day!
Didn't realize how often the Fibonacci sequence/ratio, "Nature's Golden Rule", is found in music and related design.
Don't want to go in depth here, so here are some fun facts.
- The Fibonacci sequence is where the sum of the 2 previous numbers = the sum of the next - the ratio is 1.618 and visually a spiral
- Fibonacci sequence/ratio is found in musical scales and chords, and harmonics
- Mozart, Beethoven, Bartók, Debussy, Schubert, Bach and Satie - supposedly all used Fibonacci sequences in developing their sonatas
- You can find the Fibonacci sequence/ratio used in the design of Stradivarius Violins
- The Fibonacci spiral is seen in the Bass clef and the scroll on our bowed instruments
- Fibonacci ratios are used in optimal Recording Studio design and the construction of high end speaker cable
There are many YouTube videos available with information on this subject for further exploration!