Please feel free to share. “The Little Drummer Boy Project”
Because of shipping costs I was able to keep a faulty 14\" viola with an open main seam in the back. I decided to remove the top and after manufacturing custom C clamps I re-glued the open seam and reassembled said viola. A chance comment by Fiddlerman that he had fitted a 14\" Viola with Octave Violin strings, caught my attention so I ordered the same strings for my newly repaired instrument. I am no virtuoso but this is how it sounds in my hands at this stage of setting it up.
it will take some getting used to but I think I have found my voice. Teacher say to learn to sing the songs we want to play and now I have an instrument that matches my vocal register .... BUT .... I have discovered that there are Octave Viola strings .... Hmmm!