(posting this on both fiddlerman and violaman, sorry for the double)
I'm watching this viola masterclass at the moment, at least parts of it.
Two great teachers there, Tabea Zimmermann and Kim Kashkashian. There are several students and pieces of music, I don't know all of them so I'm watching the ones I'm familiar with (aurally). The pieces in there :
- Bach prelude from 1st suite
- Schubert Arpeggione sonata, 1st mov
- Bartok concerto, 1st mov (which I'd never heard - and frankly I don't like it but that's personal)
- Mozart's Concertante symphony for violin and viola, 1st mov
- Brahms F minor sonata
- Stamitz viola concerto, 1st mov
It's inspirational… Only dreaming of reaching such a level someday --> got to practice !
Sorry, y'all missed this thread. 😊