Please feel free to share. “Game of Thrones Group Project”
In a way I had resigned myself to orchestras not beginning again until January - that gave me more time to prepare myself.
But I did email the organiser of the South London String Orchestra a few weeks back to suggest that at least we could all wear facemasks, whereas wind and brass players can't. He got in touch with the church that owns the hall, to ask if we could reconvene in September, and they replied we could move in at the end of July if we wanted!
Which is nice. Otoh, I'm scared because I'll be less good than I wanted. And also I need to apply for an over 60s travel pass, so I'd better get my e-Skates on.
We're probably going to be much more cautious in the US, given the situation here.
My orchestra has not officially canceled anything yet; officially we are still resuming normal rehearsals in our usual venue in late August.
HOWEVER... it appears unlikely that will actually happen. Orchestra management is currently exploring alternate options, all of which involve rehearsing and performing outdoors. I don't think playing indoors is even being considered now. Depending on both the coronavirus situation and the availability of appropriate venues, we may decide to perform as a full orchestra outdoors (appears unlikely), split into a string orchestra and a wind band for the fall, or organize an outdoor chamber music series. Also depending on venue, we would either play in front of a socially distanced audience or produce livestream-only concerts. An email went out to orchestra members asking for venue suggestions for both outdoor rehearsals and outdoor concerts that would allow musicians to be safely distanced.