Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
My screen recorder software isnt as good with audio as Id like. But maybe this is interesting.
I recorded a tune then
- Inserted melodyne on the track
- If you look to the left once melodyne opens..youll see the F Maj scale
- The blobs of orange are notes
- They should be right in the middle of either a horizontal white or gray line
- The further from center shows intonation deviation
- Some of my notes are + 31 cents...probably more
- Ill click on a few then go to top of the menu and you can see how far off
- Once I exit melodyne and you see the main presonus window, I drag the midi notes up to a virtual instrument track
- Ive set the track to a flute sound
- Ill then open the flute track and mess around too long adjusting some notes...after a couple its pretty much the same till i exit that track
- once on the main daw window again ill add some reverb and adjust some panning
- ill play it a bit so you get the jest
I guess the point could be you can use a daw and something like melodyne to create an instrument you cant play or dont have and use it to play along with. meh..i know. its techie.. good excuse to show some progress on Repeal the Union.
heres just the fiddle without all the static from screen recorder. Pleased with progress but I still have alot to work on. havent even started trying to back it, but I think i have a base to work with
Really enjoyed going over this, need to go over a few more times - you have a lot going on.
Can you explain a little bit about when you transposed it near the end - at about 08:40? What do the 'add/subtract numbers mean, e.g., is it by interval (half step), or scale degree?
...I'll have more questions. (lol)
@elcbk ... its half steps. when i entered the 7 i thought i had ok'd the -3 already. +/- 12 or 5 wouldve been an easier example. nothing special..just noodling.
Not really as much going on as it looks. the bulk of the middle portion with piano roll is just bad notes that can be fixed easiest by recording better playing. Ive used this method to add say an accordian or something like that. one could also just PLAY the melody on keyboard... but showing how to do it without a midi keyboard. i couldve also converted the melodyne output to notion or other transcribing software .like musescore and made corrections there. OR even downloaded the midi from thesession and imported that and assigned a flute or accordian ...whatever.
just ideas and experimenting. Thanks for watching!
Thanks @Mark for listening and yes its a great big rabbit hole! 🙂😀
Really appreciate the time you take to show & explain!
Starting to feel like it's not such a snake pit to jump into!
I'm still tied up a bit - getting close to the end of a month with Martin Hayes Masterclasses (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE & may just sign back up after the Holidays), plus I'm in the mood to drag Halloween on a bit. 😈
Thank you for keeping me interested in recording like this!