Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddle Hell 2016
A yearly gathering of fiddlers.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
October 13, 2016 - 9:23 pm
Forum Posts: 1760
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Members from New England and those open to traveling on relatively short notice might be interested in this event: Fiddle Hell, a yearly gathering of fiddlers to meet, jam, learn, and have fun, will be held November 4-6 in Westford, Massachusetts.

It's both friendly and diverse, crossing all ages and including many traditional fiddle styles. Typically, there are about 1/4 beginners, 1/2 intermediates, and 1/4 advanced players, with many workshop and jam session choices at each level. 

Mr. Scratchy and I are planning to attend. This will be our fourth Fiddle Hell. Each time we've learned a lot, heard some great fiddle music, met nice people and enjoyed interacting with fellow fiddlers.

Are any other Fiddlerman members are planning to attend? If so, it would be great to meet up. Please post here or PM me.

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
October 14, 2016 - 8:19 am
Forum Posts: 16429

KindaScratchy said
...........Mr. Scratchy and I are planning to attend.

I love it, "Mr. Scratchy".... Does he approve of his new nickname? LOL

This will be our fourth Fiddle Hell. Each time we've learned a lot, heard some great fiddle music, met nice people and enjoyed interacting with fellow fiddlers.

Are any other Fiddlerman members are planning to attend? If so, it would be great to meet up. Please post here or PM me.  

This is a great idea. I look forward to hearing about a meet up and hopefully see some pictures. :)

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

damfino
my own little world
Members

Regulars
October 17, 2016 - 8:52 pm
Forum Posts: 2113

Fiddle Hell sounds so cool. Maybe one year I'll be able to attend :)  

☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆
World's Okayest Fiddler
☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •☆•*¨*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
October 18, 2016 - 7:56 pm

It is a very cool event. I'm hoping that @Ripton will be there. We met up at the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival in Framingham, Mass. last February.

It would have been so cool if the timing were such that Ripton had the Traveling Fiddle in early November and he brought it to Fiddle Hell. Don't think that's going to happen, though.

Pierre: Mr. Scratchy has been aware of his nickname for some time now. I think he approves of it, not that he has a choice. :)

Fran
Members

Regulars
October 19, 2016 - 8:18 pm
Forum Posts: 239

This does sound like fun but too far away for me.  Enjoy!!!

NellieGirl

Members
October 28, 2016 - 8:21 pm
Forum Posts: 14

I'm going to Fiddle Hell! I'm so excited. This will be my first one and I would love to meet you, Kinda Scratchy, and anyone else. I'll be hanging around the beginner-intermediate Scottish and Old Time workshops--60 +, dark blonde hair. I have been lurking here for 2 years--too busy to practice AND post, so no one knows me.

Carole, AKA Nellie Girl

Schaick
Members

Regulars
October 29, 2016 - 8:06 am
Forum Posts: 878

Aha a lurker.  YAY you are here!!  Going to Fiddle Hell that is awesome @NellieGirl Have a ton of fun!

I WILL attend some day!!  When my ship comes in!!  Arrrr!!!!

Violinist start date -  May 2013  

Fiddler start date - May 2014

FIDDLE- Gift from a dear friend. A 1930-40 german copy, of a french copy of a Stradivarius.  BOW - $50 carbon fiber. Strings - Dominants with E Pirastro Gold string.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
October 31, 2016 - 11:44 am
Forum Posts: 16429

NellieGirl, no more lurking now that you've exposed yourself. :)
Welcome to the forum!!!

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
October 31, 2016 - 1:38 pm

NellieGirl said
I'm going to Fiddle Hell! I'm so excited. This will be my first one and I would love to meet you, Kinda Scratchy, and anyone else. I'll be hanging around the beginner-intermediate Scottish and Old Time workshops--60 +, dark blonde hair. I have been lurking here for 2 years--too busy to practice AND post, so no one knows me.

Carole, AKA Nellie Girl  

Welcome to the forum, Carole...two years later! :) So glad that you came out of the shadows.

Very cool to find another FM member going to Fiddle Hell! Let's plan to meet up. I'll be there on Friday and Saturday (commuting).

I've marked the workshops that I want to attend...so many good ones, often more than one that interest me in the same time slot. So hard to choose. I'll be focusing on beginner-intermediate workshops myself.

I'll PM you with some personal info so that we can find each other.

-- Diane, AKA KindaScratchy

thumbs-up

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
November 6, 2016 - 8:58 pm

I'm happy to report that we had a Fiddlerman.com meet-up at Fiddle Hell this weekend! I connected with Carole, a.k.a. @NellieGirl and Jasmine @FiJaPAW . It was so nice to meet both of them in person.

Here's a photo of Carole (left) and me:

20161105_105244.jpgImage Enlarger

Here's a photo of (left to right) Jasmine, Carole and me:

FB_IMG_1478394396138.jpgImage Enlarger

And here are a couple of photos of workshops:

FB_IMG_1478397973874.jpgImage Enlarger

20161104_173900-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Lastly, here's a short video of a hallway jam:

I highly recommend this annual event and hope to see more Fiddlerman Members there next year. I came away with a bunch of tips, techniques and tunes to try out. It's an amazing opportunity to connect with so many fellow fiddlers in one location!

-- Diane

damfino
my own little world
Members

Regulars
November 7, 2016 - 8:42 am
Forum Posts: 2113
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's awesome, @KindaScratchy So great that you guys all got to meet up :) Someday I'll make it to Fiddle Hell. It sounds like such a cool event.

☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆
World's Okayest Fiddler
☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •☆•*¨*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
November 15, 2016 - 9:13 am
Forum Posts: 595
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now I really feel bad I missed this. Was hiding up at Camp Armageddon in VT until after the elections. How about next year?

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
November 15, 2016 - 4:26 pm
Forum Posts: 4180
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

This looks like a fantastic time.... Jealous... well ya know... to  have a FM meetup..woo hoo.

I am fairly certain that I will never attend Hell or a  fiddle Jam because I am just to dang shy for that kind of thing... but it looks so fun.  I also don't know chords or all the ropes.... but never say never ... but it's pretty much a sure thing... 

Thanks for sharing ... Congrats on Surviving Fiddle Hell.

Wooooo hoooo

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Mouse
Guest(s) 139
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, wonderputz, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7761
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31663
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10590
Newest Members:
Adityaail, SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5309