It can be tempting to neglect your instrument and do something more enjoyable for the moment such as watching a movie, hanging out on Facebook, playing online games, or perhaps taking an unnecessary nap. Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated.
- Leave your instrument out in plain sight.
- Listen to great music and performances.
- Read through new pieces of music.
- Find play along recordings or music to jam with.
- Plan a performance.
- Find a friend to play duets with.
- Find musicians to motivate you on a forum or other social network.
- Enroll in a competition.
- Plan a chamber music party or jam session.
- Record yourself.
- Join a community orchestra.
- Find friends with mutual interests.
- Set specific goals for your instrument.
- Get a teacher. If you don't have time for lessons every week, maybe every other week.
Pingback: How do you stay motivated? | Fiddlerman | FIDDLESTYLES