Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.
As some may recall I recently had trouble with an electret/condenser mic overloading Audacity and giving horrible metallic distortion when trying to record the violin (or anything, for that matter). Daniel had a number of good suggestions but none of them seemed to work for me. I finally gave up and ordered a Samson USB mic. In fact I discovered there were used ones on Amazon.com and ordered a used Meteor mic. It just came today and it worked immediately with Audacity. Success at last! To prove that, I've attached a recording of Ash Grove, that I'm trying to get perfected for Diane's Ash Grove video project submission. This is the first time I've submitted anything for a sound sample, so please be kind, if you make a comment, ha. (It will also be my first attempt to attach something, so I'll soon find out if it succeeded.)
Definitely looks like a success to me. Good playing, nice sounding violin.
"This young wine may have a lot of tannins now, but in 5 or 10 years it is going to be spectacular, despite the fact that right now it tastes like crude oil. You know this is how it is supposed to taste at this stage of development." ~ Itzhak Perlman
Thanks Chris (and Mark too who revived this dead thread, ha).
After reading your recent post about recording and the correction about mic distance, it's nice my Meteor mic is meeting with your approval. Recording room was my small bedroom, with mic sitting on my bed and I was about 5-6 feet from it.
Most Users Ever Online: 231
Currently Online: yellowdresses, AndrewH, Jimmie Bjorling
Currently Browsing this Page:
Kevin M.: 1969
Guest Posters: 2
Newest Members:GraceCaply, mess, Vegaroiladerfory, mayle3, nicolexn3, Sarahquife
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 13542, KindaScratchy: 1727, coolpinkone: 4135, BillyG: 2547, MrsFiddlerman: 0, Jimmie Bjorling: 0