Join us in our next Fiddlerman Group Project.
We will be playing, “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”.
- Learn to play “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” together with Fiddlerman and team.
- Record yourself playing one to two parts found below.
- Send us the recording and we’ll put together a Youtube video with all participants!
The new extended deadline for submissions is Monday Dec 11, after which I will begin mixing all the submissions. I can’t guarantee that I will use any submission received after this date. Keep posted as deadlines have been known to change. I encourage participants to learn several parts for training purposes. If the timing of your submission does not correspond with a click track file it will not be used. All submissions should be converted to MP4 (MPEG-4) with a minimum resolution of 640 x 480. Absolutely no audio only submissions.
Dressing the part is greatly appreciated if possible. If you do so, it will make for a much more interesting video for us to watch and share.
Visit this forum link to participate in discussions pertaining to this project.
Download a click track to your computer, phone, MP3 player or similar for use during your recording. Any video submission recorded without the use of a click track “in ear” (preferably using a headphone jack) will not be used. I cannot match parts unless you are hearing the click track while recording.
After recording yourself with headphones using one of the click tracks below (the click track should not be audible in your performance recording) upload your video here. Please make sure that you receive a confirmation that your submission has been received.
IMPORTANT Video Tips and Requirements
- Name your file with the number of the part performed and name that you want used for credits. Example Vl4_Fiddlerman.mp4
I do not need the name of the piece as I presume that it is the “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”. 🤣
- Record, and leave a minimum of 10 seconds before and after your performance.
- Set up your recording device (Camcorder, phone, tablet, camera) in landscape mode. Wider view vs upright, for all instruments.
- Center yourself as well as possible in the video frame. Included your whole face and instrument.
- Have lighting in front of you and not behind you. Windows tend to make the object in the foreground look dark. Set up your camera opposite the window side and use sufficient lighting in front of you.
- Cloes-ups are great, but try to get more than just the width of your face. Don’t shoot from too far away either. We like to have a better quality picture of you, the subject. Distant filming reduces the quality drastically when zooming in for the mix.
- I will not use a video that does not include your face. Please aim the video correctly.
Please spread the word. The more the merrier.
CLICK TRACK FILES: Click on the desired titles to download them to your computer. Most likely they will end up in your download folder. If you prefer to play the click track files with an earplug straight from your computer use the player below.
- Click track – All Parts
- Click Track – First Part
- Click Track – Second Part
- Click Track – Third Part
- Click Track – Fourth Part
Violin Sheet Music
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Violin 1
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Violin 2
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Violin 3
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Violin 4
Viola Sheet Music
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Viola 1
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Viola 2
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Viola 3
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Viola 4
Cello Sheet Music
See previous projects: