Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman 2023 Group Xmas Project
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 (92 votes) 
Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 18, 2023 - 8:55 am
Forum Posts: 16435

Keeping this PROJECT PAGE live for those who would like to learn the parts. NOTE that this project has expired. Please join our forum and consider participating next year.

1. Learn to play "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" together with Fiddlerman and team.
  2. Record yourself playing one to two parts found below.
  3. Send us the recording and we'll put together a Youtube video with all participants!

The new extended deadline for submissions is Monday Dec 11, after which I will begin mixing all the submissions. I can't guarantee that I will use any submission received after this date. Keep posted as deadlines have been known to change. I encourage participants to learn several parts for training purposes. If the timing of your submission does not correspond with a click track file it will not be used. All submissions should be converted to MP4 (MPEG-4) with a minimum resolution of 640 x 480. Absolutely no audio only submissions.

Dressing the part is greatly appreciated if possible. If you do so, it will make for a much more interesting video for us to watch…

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Katie L
Members

Regulars
August 18, 2023 - 11:58 am
Forum Posts: 1084
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks for doing it so early Fiddlerman … gives me a fighting chance 👍

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
August 23, 2023 - 11:44 am

You're welcome. I'm just wondering, are people seeing this post?

Normally we get a lot of responses from this project post when it's new.

Mouse
August 23, 2023 - 11:53 am
Forum Posts: 5413

I can only find it when someone posts. I do not see it listed in Fiddlerman Group Projects as a forum room. Where is it located?

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Mouse
August 23, 2023 - 12:01 pm

Found it. I think it would help if it was moved to the top. It is at the bottom. 

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Jim Dunleavy
United Kingdom
Members

Regulars
August 23, 2023 - 1:46 pm
Forum Posts: 886

Yep, I saw it and bookmarked the project page.

I didn't think to comment on it - we've already done the discussion thread after all.

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
August 23, 2023 - 8:32 pm
Forum Posts: 595

awesome. 

devil-violin

SharonC
Members

Regulars
August 24, 2023 - 5:52 am
Forum Posts: 1546

@Fiddlerman Looks great--looking forward to it smile

Fiddlerman said
You're welcome. I'm just wondering, are people seeing this post?

Normally we get a lot of responses from this project post when it's new.

I missed it because it was at the bottom of the Group Project topic list--how'd that happen? Thought new ones showed up at the top--

Also, this is the earliest I think you've got it out; thinking people aren't looking for it yet smile  Triple digits here in GA--not really looking (or feeling) a lot like Christmas here ❄️❄️

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

Mouse
August 24, 2023 - 8:46 am

I mentioned that about it being at the bottom, too, @SharonC. I was surprised to find it here. I cannot see the Wexford Carol from last year at all in the Group Project Topics anymore. Maybe @Fiddlerman will move this to the top of the rooms, Hint hint hint.

Started working in the cello part yesterday. Nit too bad! It will still take a while. I want to it as smooth as a couple of my favorite songs to play. 

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Grandpafiddle
USA
Members

Regulars
August 24, 2023 - 4:26 pm
Forum Posts: 109
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

I already have this one mastered. It's super easy (at 35 beats per minute - haha laugh)

The only problem is it takes me about 12 minutes to play the whole thing!

Maybe Pierre can mute my submission and I'll just do some fancy spins and twirls with the bow to make it look professional.

Grandpaviolin

Violin ---- the most human of all instruments

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
August 24, 2023 - 7:38 pm
Forum Posts: 7953
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Grandpafiddle -

You may find it easier to practice your part (or parts) once the click-tracks are made available to follow.

Ripton
Members

Regulars
August 24, 2023 - 7:44 pm
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman can you pin this thread to the top of the recent posts? Any plans to do video tutorials? Now if I can get my printer to work and get those sheets onto my music stand... 

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
August 28, 2023 - 8:08 pm
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
Join us in our next Fiddlerman Group Project.

We will be playing, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".

1. Learn to play "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" together with Fiddlerman and team.
    1. Record yourself playing one to two parts found below.
    1. Send us the recording and we'll put together a Youtube video with all participants!

The deadline for submissions is Monday Dec 4th, after which I will begin mixing all the submissions. I can't guarantee that I will use any submission received after this date. Keep posted as deadlines have been known to change. I encourage participants to learn several parts for training purposes. If the timing of your submission does not correspond with a click track file it will not be used. All submissions should be converted to MP4 (MPEG-4) with a minimum resolution of 640 x 480. Absolutely no audio only submissions.

Dressing the part is greatly appreciated if possible. If you do so, it will make for a much more interesting video for us to watch and share........

READ MORE>>>

Ripton said
@Fiddlerman can you pin this thread to the top of the recent posts? Any plans to do video tutorials? Now if I can get my printer to work and get those sheets onto my music stand... 

Mouse
September 1, 2023 - 4:51 pm
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, @Fiddlerman, I am working on the cello part. Hopefully, I will have the fingering and bowing down so that when the click tracks are posted, it will be easier to do it with the right speed. I am just using a speed from a CD to go by right now. Should be close. But, I am not playing it to the CD, I need to be smoother with my playing before worrying about exact speed and timing, Just got my speed from it.

I am just playing the cello part and tapping my foot, There are trouble spots, but it is due to fingering, I will figure out the best fingering for me and get it worked out. 

Thanks for posting the sheet music so early, It seems to be a big help.

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Ripton
Members

Regulars
September 1, 2023 - 6:25 pm
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got the first two measures down pat, now why can't I get back that swing rhythm?

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
September 1, 2023 - 9:30 pm
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ripton -

You'll probably find it helpful, maybe easier, when the click-tracks are made available.

Ripton
Members

Regulars
September 2, 2023 - 6:36 pm
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

thanks violin-1267

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
September 7, 2023 - 2:12 pm
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

SharonC said
@Fiddlerman Looks great--looking forward to it smile

Fiddlerman said
You're welcome. I'm just wondering, are people seeing this post? Normally we get a lot of responses from this project post when it's new.

I missed it because it was at the bottom of the Group Project topic list--how'd that happen? Thought new ones showed up at the top--

Also, this is the earliest I think you've got it out; thinking people aren't looking for it yet smile  Triple digits here in GA--not really looking (or feeling) a lot like Christmas here ❄️❄️

We just came from the most wonderful camping grounds I've ever seen in Georgia. It's called Vogel State Park. Have you ever been there? By Blairsville. 

Ripton said

Absolutely. Looking forward to it.

ELCBK said
@Ripton -

You'll probably find it helpful, maybe easier, when the click-tracks are made available.

Just got back from vacation. I should be able to get that done next week.

Grandpafiddle said
I already have this one mastered. It's super easy (at 35 beats per minute - haha laugh)

The only problem is it takes me about 12 minutes to play the whole thing!

Maybe Pierre can mute my submission and I'll just do some fancy spins and twirls with the bow to make it look professional.

Grandpaviolin  

I'm sure I can make it work. The good news is that you have months to learn it. :)

Mouse
September 7, 2023 - 2:19 pm
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am working on the Group Project. I started after the sheet music was released. I just finished a session. I was able to figure out a couple sections I had issues trying to figure out today. I need better glasses! 

I am doing the cello part. Today I really zoomed in on the runs. It is a fingering issue, so I am working on the most comfortable way to do it. Those runs were better today, Pepto Bismol is really great! 😂

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Unfretted
Members

Regulars
September 7, 2023 - 9:09 pm
Forum Posts: 164
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you for this lovely arrangement, @Fiddlerman !  I love it!! Each part is done so well and sounds beautiful.  I’m sure the final product will be spectacular.

I’ve been practicing the piece diligently for a couple weeks now.  So glad that you’ve put this together so very early this year!  With plenty of time to practice, those lovely triplet runs will be nice and smooth and flowing.  I’m working with a metronome right now to get a head start before the click tracks are ready, which I realize may not be available for awhile.

So happy with this. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming HP, UtahRoadbase, goettjp, Griff, Briant, ElisaDalViolin, sus49, Faith, Raven, joko_emm, Burnett393
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7953
ABitRusty: 3954
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2449
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2169
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31688
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10629
Newest Members:
farareja, Kennon, tonyhoss, [email protected], Thug, eugenephilip572, tmcamil58, wsharek, Skogsra, Cylena
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16435, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5413