Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman's "Silent Night" Christmas Group Project 2013
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (14 votes) 
Ferret
Byron Bay Australia
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Forum Posts: 1575
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
141sp_Permalink sp_Print

KindaScratchy said
Great job, as always, Pierre! And great job on the part of all the players, too!

It was really nice to see some new faces, as well as familiar ones. I enjoyed the decorations and Christmas attire, too.

Kudos to all!!

1st-placethumbs-uphats_off

And Merry Christmas, too!

gingerbreadhousechristmascandlechristmaswreathsanta3

(P.S. I'm sorry that I got mine in too late...or maybe something went wrong with Sprend. Oh, well, I will try to be earlier on the next project.)

@KindaScratchy Diane

Your audio was probably there. You where in the credits. Same as me, no vid but in the credits.

Its a lot to put on FM at this time of year. I think that he has done a great job under pressing circumstances. Thanks Pierre for all the work and time.

A great job by 'all' participants thumbs-up

And Merry Christmas to all. santa3

Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of dunno ..... What was I saying???? facepalm

Almandin
Stockholm, Sweden

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Forum Posts: 302
142sp_Permalink sp_Print

terezka said
Almandin, you are kind, but I'm not even in the titles. I sent the files the 14th of December and no one replied anything like "Sorry, you have missed the deadline."... It's a real disappointment.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry to hear that, and I can see why you would be disappointed! Maybe Sprend screwed up the transfer, or maybe Pierre forgot to add your name to the credits. I kind of hope it's the latter, so that at least your playing was in the project!

~ Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. ~

Ferret
Byron Bay Australia
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 6:38 pm
143sp_Permalink sp_Print

Almandin said

terezka said
Almandin, you are kind, but I'm not even in the titles. I sent the files the 14th of December and no one replied anything like "Sorry, you have missed the deadline."... It's a real disappointment.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry to hear that, and I can see why you would be disappointed! Maybe Sprend screwed up the transfer, or maybe Pierre forgot to add your name to the credits. I kind of hope it's the latter, so that at least your playing was in the project!

Why don't those that missed out post their video here (or in a new thread). 

If others will, I'll post christmascandle

Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of dunno ..... What was I saying???? facepalm

TerryT
Coleshill, Warwickshire
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 7:17 pm
Forum Posts: 1731
144sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great show! Well done everyone, so good to see so many new faces participating.

Good job Pierre, just sorry I didn't get to participate in this years event, but life has a way of making weird

things happen when you least expect it. Maybe there'll be a mid-year extravaganza too.

Merry Christmas to all the Fiddlerman family.

united_kingdom-4178thumbs-upchristmascandlemoony-2173

I am amazed at how old people of my age are.....

NewFiddlerGirl

Advanced member
Members
December 21, 2013 - 8:19 pm
Forum Posts: 90
145sp_Permalink sp_Print

WOW!!!!!

This has been my first time sending any files. I have tears in my eyes. 

My most profound thanks to everyone but especially Pierre! You rock. How you manage to do this with a busy schedule I have no idea. 

To those that didn't make it. Please post your videos here. I think the hard work everyone put in deserves to be shared. The goal is to learn and grow as fiddlers. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!santa3

'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right, 
  'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

Feathers
Colorado, USA
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 10:42 pm
Forum Posts: 342
146sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great as always Pierre!

Thank you for all of your time and effort, especially with your extra busy schedule.thumbs-up

And a great job by everyone!clap

~ Merry Christmas All ~ christmaswreath

"Music is what feelings sound like." ~ Author Unknown

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
December 21, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Forum Posts: 1760
147sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, whatever happened with the missing videos is highly unusual. In fact, I think it's a first here, which is a testament to the great job Pierre does with these projects. It has to either be a problem with Sprend or Pierre got such a good response to the project that it was too difficult to get everyone on screen.

I know from my own video editing experience that working with multiple tracks is challenging. The most I've ever had to edit together were seven or eight tracks. Can't even imagine how hard it is to mesh 50 tracks and make it watchable.

So, I agree that anyone who did not get screen time in the group project should post their video here and keep the Christmas spirit going. Let's turn this project into a party! I'll get it started.

Here's my Silent Night video, but with added guitar and mandolin parts. When I recorded the violin part for the group project, I couldn't resist recording guitar and mandolin parts, too, and editing them together for fun. I only sent Pierre the violin part, though.

Here goes...who's next?

http://youtu.be/5MKrlxpijIo

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 21, 2013 - 11:16 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
148sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey everyone. I'm very sorry for anyone that was left out but I used ALL the videos that I got. It's very possible that their were technical problems with your uploads. I would NEVER receive a video and leave it out on purpose. In fact, I want as many as possible to show what a FANTASTIC family of friends and fiddlers we are here.
The only person that I know of that I left out was Scotty but I actually gave him a call to try to get it but it came to me empty again.

Diane and Alma, you guys were in the video, I messed up somehow on one of the frames. I have NO idea how it got messed up when I bounced it to the computer. :-( I am 100% sure that I added you guys at one point but I must have pasted a hole bunch of videos on top. I am really sorry, I was too rushed. I'm busy for a while but I'll correct it and post a new one.

Also, Diane and Alma, the audio from your video is in the mix. I have proof on Digital Performer. I have to mix the sound first or I'll never be able to line everything up.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Ferret
Byron Bay Australia
Members

Regulars
December 21, 2013 - 11:33 pm
149sp_Permalink sp_Print

@KindaScratchy  Diane

Here is one of mine.

I wish 'i' could be a 'trio' lol

santa3

StoneDog
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 12:15 am
Forum Posts: 888
150sp_Permalink sp_Print

Crap happens > WOW KS your vid ROCKed> you are a really good musician. You gots some talent there girl. I would have to go with what KS said. Post it here now. We are into the Xmas weekend and there is plenty of time to put your stuff up.

StoneDog
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 12:18 am
Forum Posts: 888
151sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ferret > That was SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 22, 2013 - 3:36 am
Forum Posts: 60
152sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, this is my video. It's full of mistakes, I know. I'm happy I'm not a professional violinist because I'm always so nervous! Stony left hand, shaking right hand... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....e=youtu.be

Ferret
Byron Bay Australia
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 4:49 am
153sp_Permalink sp_Print

@terezka 

'Really' nice. The camera makes it harder, doesn't it :)

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 22, 2013 - 5:33 am
154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you, Ferret. The camera makes it absolutely terrible! :) And when I know somebody is listening to me, I never know how to hold the strange instrument, hardly remembering they call it "violin". :D Are you nervous too?

Ferret
Byron Bay Australia
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 6:52 am
155sp_Permalink sp_Print

terezka said
Thank you, Ferret. The camera makes it absolutely terrible! :) And when I know somebody is listening to me, I never know how to hold the strange instrument, hardly remembering they call it "violin". :D Are you nervous too?

Hi Tereza

I just hate the video camera. As soon as I turn it on my playing goes out the window. Same thing happens when I know someone is listening. But I'm sure that I'll get over it eventually :)

Almandin
Stockholm, Sweden

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 7:03 am
Forum Posts: 302

Fiddlerman said
I'm busy for a while but I'll correct it and post a new one.

Of course you would never leave anyone out on purpose! And you don't have to redo/repost it, at least not on my account; knowing I was in the mix is enough. And there's always the next project!

Anyway, here's my somewhat crappy rendition of this lovely tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....9BARa15Lks

Not as pretty as Diane's, John's or Terezka's, but still... done

~ Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. ~

Fiddlestix
Michigan, USA

King
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 7:19 am
Forum Posts: 2647
157sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great job by all.

@ KindaScratchy / Diane....  Do you paint footprints on the floor, you are standing in the almost identical spot in all three video's. lol

You need a drummer and bass player now and you'll have a five piece group.

Merry Christmas to all.  christmascandle

Ken.

terezka
Prague, Czech republic

Advanced member
Members
December 22, 2013 - 7:22 am
158sp_Permalink sp_Print

Almandin, your play is very nice! Your left hand looks relaxed, I like it! I had no time to see the others till now, but when I cook lunch for my family, I'll see and praise them too. :) Ferret, we must hope... :)

Fiddlestix
Michigan, USA

King
Members

Regulars
December 22, 2013 - 7:23 am
Forum Posts: 2647
159sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ Almandin:  Not crappy, good job. Is it just me or did you move to a new location ?

I was waiting for your kitty to attack what you had hanging from the end of your bow. lol.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 22, 2013 - 8:19 am
Forum Posts: 16429
160sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, I couldn't sleep so well after reading that I left out videos so I opened my Final Cut Pro to see what had happened.

Alma, your video was originally one of the 3 first ones because the folder was viewed alfabetically but I remember that you had the first video on one of the other projects so I was going to move it below to another spot later in the video. Problem is that it still showed up as being used in my video pre-viewer so when I checked it looked like all imported videos were in use.
Diane, your video was behind Katie and I must have highlighted it to move it forward or backwards, which I do to time the bowing on all videos, and accidentally hit the back space (delete) key because your video is still there but not visible behind Katie's which accidentally got put in twice. This is also the reason that I could not see that your video was not used.
Terezka - Did you Sprend that to me? I never received it.

Everyone, I was in such a hurry to post the video because I knew that I wouldn't have time before Christmas and way behind in preparing for my gigs and helping Michael with orders (which have been crazy good BTW) for Fiddlershop. I never double checked the finished project except to see that it was working correctly from the start to the finish. :-( My apologies for leaving some videos out. I'll definitely do a remix. the memory is very important.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Jan Howard
Guest(s) 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Michael Browder, EBurrell
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7758
ABitRusty: 3914
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31661
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10589
Newest Members:
Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08, creativestringsinfo, rubble_b
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5305