Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman 2022 Group Christmas Project - Wexford Carol
2022 Virtual Group Christmas Project for Fiddlerman Forum Members
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (45 votes) 
SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 12, 2022 - 5:31 pm
Forum Posts: 1528
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Mouse  Hope you can get it in! 

Maybe if you're finding the long bows too long, you can just pause (i.e., not play to the end of the note) and then just come in on the next note when you can change bow direction. 

Leaving notes out works--as long as the notes you do play are in the right place.  One of the classes I took about playing in a group--the instructor indicated that you can do this--part of what she called orchestra "survival skills" smile

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

Cyrus
Members
December 12, 2022 - 7:37 pm
Forum Posts: 8
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman I just added mine! It seemed like it wouldn't go through the first time so I tried again and it worked (so hopefully it didn't upload twice, and if it did, they're the same!). I'm not sure if there's another way I'm supposed to contact you other than through the forum. Also, I completely understand if my playing isn't up to the standards necessary for the project; I'm excited to see the final version whether you include me or not! 

Thank you so much for all your effort!

Mouse
December 12, 2022 - 7:37 pm
Forum Posts: 5359
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

I DID IT! I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT! 

All submitted!

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Unfretted
Members

Regulars
December 12, 2022 - 7:43 pm
Forum Posts: 163
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations Mouse!

Mouse
December 12, 2022 - 7:44 pm
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

I told Fiddlerman that he could mute me. 🤫

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Mouse
December 12, 2022 - 7:48 pm

Thank you unfretted. I was using my phone. Started with 98% battery and it redlined right when I was airdropping it to my iPad. Seriously. It is still charging. Hope neither of my daughters calls.

The Bumblebee Flies!

Mark
Members

Regulars
December 13, 2022 - 12:04 am
Forum Posts: 2155
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mouse

Way to go!!

Grata of submission

Mark

Master the Frog and you have mastered the bow.

Albert Sammons

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 13, 2022 - 2:30 pm
Forum Posts: 1528
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Mouse  thumbs-up

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 13, 2022 - 2:57 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mouse said
I am seriously about to give up. I am not getting anywhere. I thought I was close. Nope. When I record, it is an audience and I am then at square 1 all over again. And I was only recording the sound! That middle section is completely forgotten and I have to all start over getting the rhythm right. My long 3 beat bows are not even. You can tell I can't do 3 slow beats with a bow. 

I have been doing this over 1 1/2 hours straight. So frustrated. 😵‍💫🥴😬

I will give it until it is time to fix dinner. 

I really don't know why you're so fed up. The cello submission that you gave me is great. I'm definitely using it. You must be extra critical towards yourself.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 13, 2022 - 2:59 pm
110sp_Permalink sp_Print
  1. Andrea Atwood
  2. Angel Walter Brandi
  3. Ann
  4. Garrett Cyrus Hardy
  5. Arun Jack
  6. Becky Coleman
  7. Bill Gunn
  8. Brooklyn Evans
  9. Carly k
  10. Carol Vandenberg
  11. Carolyn B
  12. Catalina Galvan
  13. Dan Trachsel
  14. Deborah Swanson
  15. Demetrius Nicholson
  16. ELCBK
  17. Erica Burrell
  18. Eudora Price
  19. Eva Borsukiewicz
  20. Flint Evans
  21. Gibbles
  22. Hilda Black
  23. Jim Cram
  24. Jim Dunleavy
  25. Jim Heiman
  26. jim mccann
  27. JohnG
  28. Joseph Gonzales
  29. Juliane
  30. Karen Bard
  31. Katherine McConville
  32. Kathy McConville
  33. Katie Martin
  34. Kehran Edmunds
  35. Lenka Pelechova
  36. Lisa Brookins
  37. Liz Havlicek
  38. MARCO
  39. Mark Cooper
  40. Maud
  41. Michelle Evans
  42. Mike Walters
  43. Montague Judd Danielle
  44. Mouse
  45. Nate
  46. Niveda
  47. Peebles Sheila Richards
  48. Rachel Davis
  49. Rhonda Brown
  50. Sam Parrish
  51. SharonC
  52. SUAIMA
  53. Victoria Proud

If your name is not on this list and you submitted something you must let me know.
It was hard separating names from all those videos because of all the parts and such.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 13, 2022 - 3:06 pm
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

102 files sent as of 3PM Dec 13th.

Mouse
December 13, 2022 - 5:58 pm

Fiddlerman said

Mouse said

I am seriously about to give up. I am not getting anywhere. I thought I was close. Nope. When I record, it is an audience and I am then at square 1 all over again. And I was only recording the sound! That middle section is completely forgotten and I have to all start over getting the rhythm right. My long 3 beat bows are not even. You can tell I can't do 3 slow beats with a bow. 

I have been doing this over 1 1/2 hours straight. So frustrated. 😵‍💫🥴😬

I will give it until it is time to fix dinner. 

I really don't know why you're so fed up. The cello submission that you gave me is great. I'm definitely using it. You must be extra critical towards yourself.

I think I am very hard on myself with my cello. It is very frustrating. I seem to recall Chris mentioning that in a lesson. I think it was when he was getting me into vibrato.

You have no idea how many times I was counting waltz beats and it gets switched to 4/4 time. Then I get lost and start again. I was listening to the click track, but my normal counting is for 4/4 songs. I really need to spend more time on walzes and get away from 4/4.

I am glad I spent the time getting used to it with the electric cello, while waiting for the acoustic. I was pretty familiar with it when I was able to use the acoustic. I had the notes memorized, but I really had issues with the timing. That, for some reason was really hard for me, and that C string.

But, in the end, it felt sooo good to have a video that I could submit. I hope others who have doubts, give it a go next time because it is so worth it when you get it done. This was very much worth all my frustration, ... and getting the cello 😁.

I have to admit, I went back to cello book 1 today and did the songs that used the D and A strings on the C and G strings to get used to that C. The project definitely helped with the C string issue. Shifting on it is an issue, but I felt stronger on it, and that was because of the project.👍I would not have worked on the C string without the project. 

The Bumblebee Flies!

Mouse
December 13, 2022 - 6:29 pm
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow! That is. lot of videos. You have your work cut out for you.

The Bumblebee Flies!

ABitRusty
Members

Regulars
December 13, 2022 - 10:14 pm
Forum Posts: 3921
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

grats @mouse !!

Taryn
Idaho
Members
December 13, 2022 - 10:26 pm
Forum Posts: 20
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all,

This is my first post here on the forum, but I've been reading for a bit.
I finally got my Wexford Carol submitted, a day late, so I know it might not get included, and it might not be good enough anyway, but I've tried my best, and I've only been taking lessons for a year this time around.

Taryn

-Taryn

Walter-58
Members
December 14, 2022 - 2:30 am
Forum Posts: 14
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said

1. Andrea Atwood
    1. Angel Walter Brandi
    1. Ann
    1. Garrett Cyrus Hardy

thanks a lot Fiddlerman for you great work..I'm curious to see the final result.

please consider that there was a little mistake writing my name, my correct name is Angelo Walter Brandi (not Angel.....), if possible please correct it....thanks

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 14, 2022 - 9:46 am
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unfretted said
AND THE WINNER IS! ….

NICE!!! Thanks

@Fiddlerman , I uploaded my primary video about a week ago, Violin 1 in full festive garb, and included “USE” in the file name.  This morning, I uploaded this week’s “pajama recording” of the lovely Violin 4 part - don’t worry all that shows is a Christmas wreath on the door - and I included “AUDIO” In the file name.  Thank you for letting us submit our additional parts as audio only this year.  Way less stress to not worry about primping and smiling.

THANK YOU, @Fiddlerman , for these wonderful Christmas projects and all of your very hard work creating them.  Thank you for offering a quality selection of instruments, bows, and accessories.  Thank you, especially, for my Master and Concert violins with the perfect custom setup with lower action.  And Thank You to Gibbles, as well, for the excellent Wexford Carol tutorials.

Can’t wait to see the final mix!  My friends and family look forward to this “digital Christmas greeting” each year, and some say they enjoy replaying it throughout the holidays.

Merry Christmas!

You are very welcome Carolyn. And I do have your submissions. You did see your name on the list right?

Thanks for that as well.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 14, 2022 - 9:52 am
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

Taryn said
Hi all,

This is my first post here on the forum, but I've been reading for a bit.

I finally got my Wexford Carol submitted, a day late, so I know it might not get included, and it might not be good enough anyway, but I've tried my best, and I've only been taking lessons for a year this time around.

Taryn

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you said something because I had already copied over all the files from dropbox, but I did go back and grab your submission, and thanks for that as well.

Cheers!!!

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 15, 2022 - 6:13 pm
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Guys,

I have room for one more person. 56 squares. 7 horizontal and 8 vertical.

First person to say they are uploading a video, gets the spot. No repeats. Only one slot per person. But if you recorded but missed the deadline, this is the perfect opportunity.

I'll finish mixing tomorrow.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 15, 2022 - 6:14 pm
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 89
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Shell, Squiryl, Schaick, GlassTownCur, mcassidy2004, Reptile Smile, MyMing, CarolineNH, JamesRSmithJr, SethroTull86
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7828
ABitRusty: 3921
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2435
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2155
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31673
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10606
Newest Members:
alicedcoz258, Dres pirate, tonyluo, Terrence Terry Ruddy, andrea924breaux, pybring, stive4545, kevin498, Fiddlerjones, FidgetFrog
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16430, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5359