Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Member Group Project – The Ash Grove – Deadline 20 Jun 2022
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (46 votes) 
SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 8:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1526
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ABitRusty said
great stuff @SharonC youve taken on some tasks there for all of us!  appreciate that and thank you!  i think i should be able to join.  maybe a good time to learn the alto cleff and do some viola

@ABitRusty thanks!  Alto clef & bass clef...good time for me to keep them straight myself smile  I was looking at fingering charts for Viola & Cello to keep myself on track & make sure I didn't have wacko jumping around - confused myself more than a few times.dazed

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 8:19 pm
22sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SiennaAViolin I just arranged this version for us to play--it is an old traditional Welsh tune.  Some history on the tune is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/....._Ash_Grove

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
April 25, 2022 - 8:36 pm
Forum Posts: 7758

@Grandpafiddle -  

Did you see/understand how Sharon made sure you could join in? 

SharonC said

Since you cannot yet send me this info on PM, I have an alternative: an online form where you can put this info in.

This link takes you to Drive with a document called Instructions Members without PM Privileges:

https://drive.google.com/drive.....P7JPbX7EMr

Open this document, & follow the instructions—it will direct you to the online form, & tell you how to put the information in.

Thanks for asking--I know if may seem confusing, and someone else might have the same questions.smile

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 26, 2022 - 7:17 am
24sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mark said
SharonC

Thank you for tackling this project a very large undertaking, it is much appreciated.

I'll try to participate on this project, it looks like a good one.

Mark

@Mark Thank you!

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
April 26, 2022 - 3:26 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
25sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is wonderful. Thanks Sharon. :)

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 27, 2022 - 8:07 pm
26sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, Fiddlerman!

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 27, 2022 - 8:15 pm

Here's a link to some video clips for The Ash Grove sheet music:

1) How the Click track works (there are beats for 3 full measures & 2 beats of the 4th measure before you play the 1st note)

2) How to do the 1st & 2nd ending with a repeat .

<<Project Ended--Links Removed>>

SharonC
Members

Regulars
April 30, 2022 - 5:42 pm

I mentioned this to JohnG in his blog--if you are having trouble with any of the slurs, you can leave them out (single bow the notes). 

Keeping the rhythm of the click track is important (so your playing lines up with everyone else's). So you can leave out notes, just ensure you keep the timing--and don't add any new ones in. 

I have play-alongs videos posted for each part at this link--if you need a video play-along or audio (with or without metronome) at a slower practice tempo, let me know--I can throw it up on the same info link listed below (also linked in original post at the top of the thread).

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
May 8, 2022 - 3:02 am
29sp_Permalink sp_Print

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/c0/9e/26c09eb4715c60a673541d2c65eebc22.jpg

Everyone working on parts for "The Ash Grove GP"

@JimandThomas -

Have time to join in this Group Project? 

Not hard - all info's in the original post of this thread. 

@Ripton -

Consider joining this Group Project? 

Could be a great tune for your Campfire, also! 

Viola parts - info, sheet music, click tracks, are all in the OP here.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
May 9, 2022 - 3:07 pm

For non-PM capable members – Form updated

I’ve updated the Vimeo Link/YouTube URL Submission Form to include an area for you to include any questions/comments you might have (if you have questions/comments that you do not want to post directly in the thread).

JimandThomas
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 9:22 am
Forum Posts: 274
31sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ELCBK for the life of me I cant find the music, click track...anything. Would you be so kind to help an old fellar out. Thomas would love to do this.

Jim(Thomases Dad)

JimandThomas
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 9:38 am
32sp_Permalink sp_Print
  1. Never mind @ELCBK found everything. @SharonC I know I have pm privileges on here to let you know when the video of Thomas is done for the project, but I dont think I have ever used it, so I have no clue how to. WOuld you help me out?

Jim(Thomases Dad)

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 9:48 am

@JimandThomas -

Sorry, I wasn't quick enough! 

I don't see where you have PM privileges, though - it would show in the tool bar of your post. 

Did you see the instructions for people who can't submit by PM?

Mouse
May 12, 2022 - 9:52 am
Forum Posts: 5305
34sp_Permalink sp_Print

@JimandThomas 

I just emailed you about PMing.

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Mouse
May 12, 2022 - 10:08 am
Forum Posts: 5305
35sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC I contacted Thomas B. about his PM’ing. I requested he contact you via this thread with any other issues he may have regarding your group project. I hope you are getting a lot of participants. 

🐭

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 11:24 am
36sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mouse said
@SharonC I contacted Thomas B. about his PM’ing. I requested he contact you via this thread with any other issues he may have regarding your group project. I hope you are getting a lot of participants. 

🐭

@Mouse  Thank you!

SharonC
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 11:27 am

If you are not able to Private Message (PM), and you have a question/comment that you don't want to post in the thread, you can send me the question via this form:

On this form, you will need to provide your email address so I can contact you back via email.

SharonC
Members

Regulars
May 12, 2022 - 5:04 pm

I’ve posted video instructions for uploading your video to YouTube, and how to copy & paste the video's URL to the request Form (if you cannot use PM to send the URL to me).

https://vimeopro.com/sharonlc/ashgrove

All links are also in 1st message of this thread.

https://fiddlerman.com/forum/s.....2/#p125937

JimandThomas
Members

Regulars
May 14, 2022 - 5:28 pm
39sp_Permalink sp_Print

@SharonC Thomas couldnt wait so we did it today. thank you very much. Now onto the Ode to Joy post we just noticed(He loves that song)

Jim(Thomases Dad)

SharonC
Members

Regulars
May 15, 2022 - 11:14 am

@Thomas B.  Got it--Looks & sounds great!  Thanks for being the 1st one in!smile

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 118
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Michael Browder, EBurrell
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7758
ABitRusty: 3914
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31662
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10589
Newest Members:
SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08, creativestringsinfo
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5305