Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman's 2014 Group Christmas Project - We Wish You a Merry Christmas
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 Topic Rating: 4.9 (18 votes) 
KitsapFG
Poulsbo, Washington
Members
December 9, 2014 - 9:51 am
Forum Posts: 18
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Oh My @Fiddlerman!   That must have been very stressful. So glad she is doing okay now.   The project can wait for sure, being there for your family is definitely more important. 

VickieD
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2014 - 10:04 am
Forum Posts: 130
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear about your daughter - wishing her a speedy recovery so she can get back to her gigs. No worries with the project. christmascandlesemiquaver-1214

"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?
~~Albert Einstein

coolpinkone
California, the place of my heart
December 9, 2014 - 11:26 am
Forum Posts: 4180
163sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman I am sorry to hear about your girl.   I am super relieved that she is okay and recovering.  So sad about her gigs, this time of year that really bites.  Wishing her a speedy recovery.  I know you all must have been so very very worried.

No worries on the project.  Take care.

Toni

Vibrato Desperato.... Desperately seeking vibrato

fiddlermikey

Members
December 9, 2014 - 12:41 pm
Forum Posts: 1
164sp_Permalink sp_Print

I missed the deadline (just subscribed to the forums) but looking forward to hearing the results.

I'm so glad your daughter is doing better.  What a frightening and stressful thing to go through. Sending good vibes in your general direction.

KindaScratchy
Massachusetts
December 9, 2014 - 1:41 pm
Forum Posts: 1760
165sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Fiddlerman Pierre: So sorry to hear that your daughter was sick but very glad that she's doing better. Please don't worry about the project. Family always comes first. We will wait patiently. Best wishes to you and your family.

-- Diane

When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low,

I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow.

Mad_Wed
Russia, Tatarstan rep. Kazan city
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2014 - 3:06 pm
Forum Posts: 2849
166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pierre, it's nice to hear that Joanna is recovering now =) Hope she will be ok soon!! Please, pass her our best wishes!!birthday_balloonbirthday_balloonbirthday_balloonbirthday_balloonbirthday_balloonbirthday_balloonbirthday_balloon

Don't worry about the project - kids are definitelly the most important!

iBud
Honolulu, HI
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2014 - 4:02 pm
Forum Posts: 376
167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aloha @Fiddlerman,

Sorry to hear about your daughter's hospitalization.  It would be that pesky organ that we don't really need.  At least it got diagnosed in time.  Here's to hoping she recovers more quickly than expected and is back on her feet in record time!  Maybe you can put your daughter in the video as a cameo, if she didn't play one of the parts, that is.

Keep-Calm-and-Fiddle-On-small-2.jpg

augustoad
Ponta Grossa, Paraná - Brazil
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2014 - 4:58 pm
Forum Posts: 229
168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
Quick update.
I planned on doing the video this weekend but our daughter was very sick. We drove her to the hospital and was there until 4 AM on Saturday night. Yesterday, my wife drove her to the urgent care and the doctor sent her to the emergency on an ambulance so I drove straight to the hospital. Turns out that she had appendicitis and it was removed late last night. The operation was successful but she is a bit sad right now. She has 9 gigs booked this week and she is very hungry, LOL.
They won't let her eat just yet. Tough week...
In any case, please be patient with the project.

Wow man, Appendicitis is bad. Thankfully she is ok. I had it 4-ish years ago and I stood a hellish month on the hospital, but thankfully I'll never have it again. :P

Best wishes for her.

Skype: augustoad Email: [email protected] Phone number/whatsapp: +55 42 9861-4084. I'd be happy to talk anything fiddle-related to anyone! :)

MarkB
Beaver Falls, PA, USA
Members
December 9, 2014 - 7:41 pm
Forum Posts: 24
169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman,

I'm very glad your daughter will be OK.  Friends of mine went through something similar with their son in September.  

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 9, 2014 - 8:12 pm
Forum Posts: 16430
170sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks everyone. Won't be long now with the project. I just need to record MY video. LOL
I skipped it last time though I have already done audio on all 4 parts for myself. The mix is ready for the sum of everyone and videos are converted and ready to paste. :)
augustoad - Why did it take a month for your recovery? Did yours burst?

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

augustoad
Ponta Grossa, Paraná - Brazil
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2014 - 9:34 pm
Forum Posts: 229
171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
Thanks everyone. Won't be long now with the project. I just need to record MY video. LOL
I skipped it last time though I have already done audio on all 4 parts for myself. The mix is ready for the sum of everyone and videos are converted and ready to paste. :)
augustoad - Why did it take a month for your recovery? Did yours burst?

@Fiddlerman ,I felt horrible, I couldn't eat for the first 2 weeks and when I did I puked a lot. Basically survived the first 3 weeks on water and medication and when I did managed to eat it was in very small portions. Once I got out of the hospital I had a terrible fever and could barely even walk, but I was eating well enough and from that point onwards it was all ok, except I had to walk with a sort of plastic bag strapped to me to drain the liquids that were still there. Yuck. I got over 10KG (22 pounds) thinner.

However, my appendicix was VERY close from bursting (the doctors said that if we were 10min late it would have bursted). If your daughter's appendix wasn't close from bursting, she'll probably be ok way faster than I did. Best regards.

Skype: augustoad Email: [email protected] Phone number/whatsapp: +55 42 9861-4084. I'd be happy to talk anything fiddle-related to anyone! :)

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2014 - 5:54 am
Forum Posts: 595
172sp_Permalink sp_Print

There's never a good time to be sick. Glad your daughter is on the mend. As an ICU nurse I know how bad things can get, yet as a father, when my own kids are sick there's nothing worse... Prayers. 

Mark
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2014 - 7:28 am
Forum Posts: 2155
173sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate to hear your daughter is sick, our thoughts and prayers are with you all..

Mark 

Master the Frog and you have mastered the bow.

Albert Sammons

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 10, 2014 - 5:04 pm
174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Actually the doctor also said that hers was close to rupturing. Fortunately they were able to do it Laparoscopically.
She is actually in a lot of pain right now. I expected her to recover quicker. I feel bad for her and wish I could take her pain....
She is refusing to take any pain medication though. Maybe she should.

fiddle chick
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2014 - 6:41 pm
Forum Posts: 253
175sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, my goodness, Pierre. Sorry to learn about your daughter's troubles. Praying for a speedy recovery for her (and fewer worries for you). Take care of your daughter...the forum can wait. :-)

Let the bow flow.

ElisaDalViolin

Honorary advisor
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2014 - 6:50 pm
Forum Posts: 209
176sp_Permalink sp_Print

I' m so sorry to hear it, @Fiddlerman . I wish her a fast recovery and all the best *hugs*

EJ-Kisz
Midwest, US
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2014 - 6:59 pm
Forum Posts: 605
177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said
Actually the doctor also said that hers was close to rupturing. Fortunately they were able to do it Laparoscopically.
She is actually in a lot of pain right now. I expected her to recover quicker. I feel bad for her and wish I could take her pain....
She is refusing to take any pain medication though. Maybe she should.

@Fiddlerman Distraction, Distraction, Distraction!  I know exactly how that is!  I hate taking pain medication and I have to fight pain every day thanks to Complex Regional Pain Syndrome!

Audio & visual distractions are the best methods, although meditation helps too.  Get her mind working on something.  Problem solving puzzles, figuring out new music, writing in a journal or any type of creative writing.  When she has something else to focus on other than the pain, the pain tends to melt away.  You really do forget about how bad it is!  

Try to get her to focus on the different sites and sounds around her and have her describe them in detail.  Then focus on those same triggers from fun memories of things like vacations.  

Distraction is the key.  It has helped me get through some of my worst days!  

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” ~Benjamin Franklin

SkullSmall-1.jpg

cdennyb
King for a Day, Peasant for many
Members

Regulars
December 11, 2014 - 3:27 am
Forum Posts: 1817
178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Convince her to at least take enough to take the edge off the pain. Your body can't heal as fast if it's all tensed up trying to fight the pain. Sleep is a real help as well and you can't sleep if your body tells your mind it's hurtin'.

Good luck with her, my daughter is stubborn as well.

Best wishes and prayers for you all. Time heals everything. thanks for all you do, take as much time as you need... everything else here can wait. clockcoffee1

"If you practice with your hands you must practice all day. Practice with your mind and you can accomplish the same amount in minutes." Nathan Milstein

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 11, 2014 - 10:57 am
179sp_Permalink sp_Print

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

fiddle chick
Members

Regulars
December 11, 2014 - 11:31 am
Forum Posts: 253
180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great job, everyone!!

Let the bow flow.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 73
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Shell, Squiryl, Schaick, GlassTownCur, mcassidy2004, Reptile Smile, MyMing, CarolineNH, JamesRSmithJr, SethroTull86
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7831
ABitRusty: 3922
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2435
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2155
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31673
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10606
Newest Members:
alicedcoz258, Dres pirate, tonyluo, Terrence Terry Ruddy, andrea924breaux, pybring, stive4545, kevin498, Fiddlerjones, FidgetFrog
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16430, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5361