Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (61 votes) 
Mouse
December 9, 2021 - 11:13 am
Forum Posts: 5310
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
181sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AnnyJ @Ripton I wonder if it has to do with how busy it is at the moment. Maybe a lot are being submitted at that moment?

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2021 - 1:37 pm
Forum Posts: 595
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Mouse  Could be, I resubmitted my part 1 (two takes) at 360mb last night and sailed right through

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 9, 2021 - 3:59 pm
Forum Posts: 16429
183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fashionandfiddle said
I have submitted mine twice now but not had an email so I'm not sure if it's been received? I don't want to miss the deadline....does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Emily

@Fashionandfiddle - I thought that I confirmed your submission, but I know that it's on the list that I posted.

@Ripton - I have all four of your submissions. 

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Ripton
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2021 - 4:28 pm
184sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said

...@Ripton - I have all four of your submissions. 

Whew thanks. 

Fashionandfiddle
UK
Members
December 10, 2021 - 9:56 am
Forum Posts: 49
185sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said

Fashionandfiddle said

I have submitted mine twice now but not had an email so I'm not sure if it's been received? I don't want to miss the deadline....does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Emily

@Fashionandfiddle - I thought that I confirmed your submission, but I know that it's on the list that I posted.

@Ripton - I have all four of your submissions. 

@ fiddlerman

Thank you, sorry that post was before you confirmed by email. I was just having a panic as I was soooo excited to join this year that I didn't want to miss the submission deadline! I'm hoping to send the final video link as a surprise to some family at Christmas as they don't know I've been learning to play.cheerleaderviolin

AndieKae
Members
December 10, 2021 - 12:29 pm
Forum Posts: 55
186sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you so much for the extension! I got the click track issue resolved and then my phone kept running out of memory. I've deleted several videos and apps and it should have opened up plenty of space to record, but my phone's acting like it's still full. Trying to fight off discouragement that I'm not good enough to submit anyway so please pray for me~ I'd really like to participate. I'm so determined and have been working so hard on this. 

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression."

Algernon Moncrieff (Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest")

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2021 - 12:47 pm
Forum Posts: 7761
187sp_Permalink sp_Print

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/ce/37/37ce3754ee1037a5d517ca1a307a3328.jpg

@AndieKae -

Oh, no!  ...think you better tell us what kind of phone you have so somebody here can try to help!  😊

AndieKae
Members
December 10, 2021 - 1:04 pm
188sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's a Samsung Galaxy S9

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression."

Mouse
December 10, 2021 - 1:25 pm
Forum Posts: 5310
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
189sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AndieKae You are "good enough". 

I don't have a Galaxy S9. But, did you check how much memory you have. Even deleting some apps and videos might not give you that much. It depends on what size file were were. 

I suggest you also state what it is doing that makes you say,

...but my phone's acting like it's still full.

What does that mean? Just asking in case anyone else has that phone. It might eliminate having to state it later. 

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2021 - 1:39 pm
190sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AndieKae -

I have a Galaxy Note10+. 

You probably know a lot more than I do, but 1st thing I'd do is empty your trash. 

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2021 - 1:46 pm
Forum Posts: 1526

@Andie.Kae  I've got a different Samsung, but I think you need to empty your recycle bin (this is where the stuff goes after you delete it).  So, to really delete it, you have to emtpy the recycle bin.  Here's a video that shows how for your model phone.

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

AndieKae
Members
December 10, 2021 - 2:28 pm
192sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's perfect! Thank you! I knew it had something to do with emptying the trash but I kept trying that and it kept showing up empty. But I guess I was doing that through my files or settings or something and I didn't realize my gallery had its own trash. I think that solved my problem. Thank you again so very much~!

SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 10, 2021 - 2:38 pm
Forum Posts: 1526
193sp_Permalink sp_Print

AndieKae said
That's perfect! Thank you! I knew it had something to do with emptying the trash but I kept trying that and it kept showing up empty. But I guess I was doing that through my files or settings or something and I didn't realize my gallery had its own trash. I think that solved my problem. Thank you again so very much~!

@AndieKae thumbs-up

Dopey phones.  My older Samsung only had the one trash bin.  These newer ones have a trash bin, & then a separate recycle bin in the photo gallery.  Guess it’s like taking the trash out for pickup at your house—you’ve got to not only take out the bag in the kitchen, but you’ve got to go around to all the different rooms in the house—bathrooms, office, etc., to make sure you've got it all smile

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 10, 2021 - 2:58 pm
194sp_Permalink sp_Print

AndieKae said

Looking forward to getting your submission then. 😁

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
December 11, 2021 - 8:13 am
Forum Posts: 3744

Ha, been away from forum for a few days - just reviewed my submission - oops (LOL)

I did 3 takes on video.  First was "just getting the real feel of it" against the backing track, and, well, although "in-tempo" overall - my timing drifted out on quite a few bars as I "tried to lock-in" to the click....  

By the time I reached the 3rd take, I was pretty darned happy bunny_pole_dancer !

So - what did I do then ?   D'Oh.....

I line-up all 3 takes (the audio) to mute/listen-back one-by-one as a solo voice against the click in my ear....  Yup, as I thought, take 3 just works fine.  I'm happy.

So I go ahead and commit the "edit" to an .mp4 - ahhhhhh - but it is my audio take 3 (which is FINE!) but lined-up with video take 1 (bowing out of synch, direction changes rubbish, occasional bar-by-bar "catching up on the click-track" oh man....  Sorry about that @Fiddlerman - I was LISTENING rather than WATCHING...  duhhhhh.....)

Anyway - it won't be that important - I believe the playing (the audio) to be as good as I would expect for what I do and "where I am", but my video will look crazy against the audio.... Hahahahaha  

Oh man....  it's not an issue really - I'll be one of MANY "small images" or "video out-takes" in the final mix, but I'm just so darned annoyed !!!!

That's what I get for rushing things....  grrrrrrrrrrrr devil-violindevil-violindevil-violin

Just been reading back up the thread- good to see everyone is getting their issues in sending sorted out, and really looking forward to our collective performance, it is, as ever, going to be GREAT !!!   Gotta love these projects!  But pay-more-attention to things Bill, and don't rush !!!  There, that's the official telling-off - been caught-out once - it'll never happen again !

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 13, 2021 - 9:33 am

Latest list.
PLEASE let me know if I don't have your name here. I have been known to make mistakes.....

Ali Gow
Andrea Watkins
AnnyJ
Aria Woods
Arun Jack
Bill Gunn
Brooklyn Evans
Carol Knepp
Carol V
Carolyn B
Charles Anding
Cindy Skaggs
Colette Godkin
Colin Hadfield
Cynthia Fiacco
Danielle Montague Judd
Danielle Piche Sparks
Deb Swanson
Edwina Broughan
ella_kirkman_white
Emily Leadbeater
Emma Maguire
Emmylou Espinoza
Eric Horning
Erica Burrell
Eudora Price
Eva Borsukiewicz
Ilona
Ingrid Melle
Jeremy Irwin
Jim
Jim Dunleavy
jim mccann
Jim Heiman
Josephine
Kat McConville
Katherine
Kathy McConville
Katie M
Kayleigh K
Lawrence of Alaska
Lenka Pelechova
Mark Cooper
Maud
Michelle Shirley
Mouse
Nate
Niveda
Olivia Knepp
Rhonda Brown
Ripton
Sarah Flood
SharonC
Stephen Patteson
Sue (Stefanie Schmidt)
Susan Leeuwner
Thomas
TimCannon
WayneG

AndieKae
Members
December 13, 2021 - 4:03 pm
197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got my videos sent in! Whew! I hope they're in on time. I want to cry, but I'm trying to let myself laugh. 😂 Being able to watch and hear myself is helping me see everything I need to work on. I'm trying to not let my perfectionism hold me back, so I sent them anyway. Thank you for the opportunity to participate and I'm so sorry it isn't better. 

Ripton
Members

Regulars
December 13, 2021 - 9:45 pm
198sp_Permalink sp_Print

I tried again tonight to make one more take. It came out almost perfect except it was 465mb and too large to send ugh!

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 13, 2021 - 10:34 pm
199sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ripton -

Not sure I can help. 

To start with, the 1st one I submitted was backwards, so sent the 'corrected' one. 

Both I shared to/processed through YouTube - then just downloaded it and submitted that mp4 file at the White Christmas spot. 

What I'm concerned about is my phone video details showed 198 MB, but when I submitted it on the forum - showed as 20.91 MB! 

Am I missing something here? 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d7/d4/29/d7d429894225f32b0d693827225a0cdc.gif

@Fiddlerman 

Let me know if I have to fix anything on mine (other than my playing)! (lol)

- Emily

AndrewH
Sacramento, California
Members

Regulars
December 14, 2021 - 12:56 am
Forum Posts: 1692
200sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm not able to make the new deadline either. I haven't been able to play at all this week, because of a combination of final exams and a shoulder flare-up, so I haven't even been able to sight-read a single take of any part.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Mouse
Guest(s) 135
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Sofia Leo, TKDennis, FiddleDetroit, CookiesViolin, JPferrman, Designer 88, LyleA, Stephen, Dorque, Trisha, Elaisa, wonderputz, Gordon Shumway, dougga, Russionleo, JohnG
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7761
ABitRusty: 3915
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Oliver: 2439
Gordon Shumway: 2425
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2149
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31663
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 81
Topics: 10590
Newest Members:
Adityaail, SoCal335, Jan Howard, edwardcheng, Oscar Stern, bryanhanson, bittruster, fiddlecastro, jackdaniel, romanmills08
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16429, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5309