Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (61 votes) 
Katie L
Members

Regulars
October 11, 2021 - 8:57 am
Forum Posts: 1088
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
41sp_Permalink sp_Print

If I can do this I’ll be a very happy bunny !! 

No singing from me either !!!

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
October 11, 2021 - 10:25 am
Forum Posts: 16439
42sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ripton said
singing while playing or a capella? Will the singing part need to be on both audio (a duh) and video (a yuck)

I might be demanding but I'm not mean!!! 🤣
I would like separate video. And, I was thinking of playing four passes (possibly)....
One with voice, two with strings, and the last one with everything.

BillyG said

Ripton said

singing while playing or a capella? Will the singing part need to be on both audio (a duh) and video (a yuck)

@Ripton / Stevie - I rather think, if it happens, it would NOT be singing while playing, rather an a capella as an intro / outro, fading out (as intro) or in (as outro) to the played parts.   There may be more to come from Pierre on the plans for this  - it would still need the click track (or a melody play-along etc) for everyone to by synched-up.  We'd also need a common set of lyrics to use (there are minor variants out there - and of course various verses - so just a simple decision for the intended lyrics would be needed - LOL - I hear the words in my head as I play through it, but, by heck, I mix up the lines from the verses every time hahahahaha)

I mean everyone except for Billy. Billy, your task, should you accept it, is to sing and play at the same time. :)

Thanks for the reply....You are a bit of a mind reader.... Or, great minds think alike.

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

BillyG
Brora, North-east Scotland
October 11, 2021 - 11:17 am
Forum Posts: 3744
43sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fiddlerman said.....

I mean everyone except for Billy. Billy, your task, should you accept it, is to sing and play at the same time. :)  

Billy just pretends he didn't read that  (you'll all thank me later!).... !!! roflol

I seriously recommend not copying my mistakes. D'oh - guntohead.JPG

Please make your own, different mistakes, and help us all learn :-)

Mouse
October 11, 2021 - 11:27 am
Forum Posts: 5448
44sp_Permalink sp_Print

BillyG said

Fiddlerman said.....

Billy just pretends he didn't read that  (you'll all thank me later!).... !!! roflol

@BillyG I am thanking you now!

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

BillyG
October 11, 2021 - 11:28 am
45sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hahahaha @Mouse, indeed !

Mouse
October 11, 2021 - 11:32 am

@BillyG You just got caught in the mouse trap!

🧀🐭

SNAP

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
October 11, 2021 - 4:10 pm
Forum Posts: 595

Oh the cans we open...

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
October 15, 2021 - 12:07 pm
Forum Posts: 8088

Fiddlerman said
https://fiddlerman.com/2021/10.....christmas/

Let the fun begin.

Everyone has seen this, right? 

Click tracks/tutorials still to come! 🤗 

- Emily

AndieKae
Members
October 20, 2021 - 7:51 pm
Forum Posts: 55
49sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm all in! That absolutely means I'm singing! 

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression."

Algernon Moncrieff (Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest")

stringy
Members

Regulars
October 21, 2021 - 7:21 pm
Forum Posts: 2095
50sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am thinking of joining in emily,but how would i use a click track with my tablet? am I being really thick here. If I download and play a click track how do I record at the same time, and if its possible how does it not pick up the timing track as well as the recording.

In the past I have used four, eight and sixteen track recorders, were you wear headphones and listen to the bands music while you play a solo, which is then recorded on a different track altered then bounced down, how do you do this on a tablet without multi tracking.

Mouse
October 21, 2021 - 7:30 pm

@stringy You listen to the click track with earbuds, headset, or whatever so that they are not heard outside of your head. 

Don't make it mored involved than required. Just use a headset for the click tracks. Plug the headset into your phone, with the click tracks save to it. Set up the device you are recording on. Then press record for the video, making sure it is placed right to video you playing. Sit back, or stand back. Give about 30 seconds recording time before you start. With the earbuds or headset or whatever in place, turn on the click track. Play your song. Give another approximately 30 seconds after your stop before turning off the recording. 

Do not trim off the lead in and trailer 30 seconds. Fiddlerman needs those to be able to do his magic.

The Bumblebee Flies!

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
October 21, 2021 - 8:12 pm
Forum Posts: 8088

@stringy -

I have no idea how to listen to a click-track on the same device while I record on it. 

I've had my earbuds plugged into my laptop for the click-track (hidden from view), while I record on my phone. 

An MP3 with earbuds, or headset, would also work for the click-track - then record on your tablet.

Really nice you're going to join us!

- Emily

Katie L
Members

Regulars
October 25, 2021 - 4:59 am
53sp_Permalink sp_Print

We don’t have the click track yet do we?

I’m practicing this now and got my mum coming on Saturday to help me! 

Couple of questions I’m doing the c major scale that’s correct isn’t it . And also at the beginning do you slide your finger from the f natural to the f#? Never done that before !

Thanks !

Mouse
October 25, 2021 - 7:42 am
54sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Katie L 

In a tread in the Introduce Yourself Fiddlerman said this:

I'm working on the click track now. The tempo will be 110 for all of you who are getting ready.

So the tempo is 110.

I slide my finger from F to F#. I don’t think about. I just don’t raise my finger and slide up to the F#. Try just doing that from the F to F# before doing it in the song. When it is done without thinking about it, then do it in the song. 

I think that because it is new to you, you are over thinking or over worrying about it. Try just doing that before adding it to your song. You will be fine. 

The Bumblebee Flies!

Katie L
Members

Regulars
October 25, 2021 - 11:46 am
55sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok Mouse! Thanks for the advice !! Will do what you said !

katie

BillyG
October 25, 2021 - 1:45 pm

Mouse said
@Katie L 

In a tread in the Introduce Yourself Fiddlerman said this:

I'm working on the click track now. The tempo will be 110 for all of you who are getting ready.

So the tempo is 110.

I slide my finger from F to F#. I don’t think about. I just don’t raise my finger and slide up to the F#. Try just doing that from the F to F# before doing it in the song. When it is done without thinking about it, then do it in the song. 

I think that because it is new to you, you are over thinking or over worrying about it. Try just doing that before adding it to your song. You will be fine. 

Ohhhh - well spotted @Mouse - TYTYTY - I've been busy on other things, but keep coming back for a quick visit to see if the click tracks are available yet - but hadn't seen the post you referred to (and didn't want to pressurise FM LOL)... That's cool, 110 is a good compromise - although for other readers - there is a "BUT" to follow....  ( LOLOL )

***BUT*** for now, please, everyone, until the actual click track is made available  which is THE one-and-only-true-frame-of-reference - I would suggest NOT making a finalised submission.   Why ?   Well, even *IF* it (the click track) *IS* 110 bpm - how does an individual player "guarantee" their finished recording *IS* 110 and not 110.5, say - if they used a mechanical metronome, or even some poor-quality digital app?   That would be well-out, timing wise after 3 minutes of playing - and discarded....

The ONLY frame of timing reference for submission HAS to be the published click track (unless you are very very certain, and can do clever things with both Audacity and Musescore AND Pierre's published click-track..... to validate what you are doing.....

TY for the info though Mouse -well appreciated and ^5s.  Kind of thought it would be around that ...  

@fiddlerman - the 110 (via Mouse, was news to me!) - a LOT of us must have missed the (your) reference to 110 in some other thread - just a heads-up - it has happened before (folks using a "talked about" bpm) and just getting slightly-out using their own timing-source- any hints on when the actual clicks will be available - I can assist if you want, no prob....  ^s man!

Mouse
October 25, 2021 - 3:10 pm
57sp_Permalink sp_Print

@BillyG The tempo was mentioned in a reply in a thread in the Introduce Yourself, so if you don't follow those, you weren't going to see it. It was just mentioned to a returnee interested in singing. You should check put the thread, you may know the returnee. 

The Bumblebee Flies!

AndieKae
Members
October 25, 2021 - 9:16 pm
Forum Posts: 55
58sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just noticed the click tracks are up! Have them a listen and I love the way it sounds. This is going to be so wonderful~!

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression."

Algernon Moncrieff (Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest")

Mouse
October 25, 2021 - 9:30 pm
59sp_Permalink sp_Print

CLICK TRACK

Thought I would post the link to the click tracks and music for White Christmas again. It is hard to have to keep looking for it, and everything is there niw:

White Christmas Group Project

The Bumblebee Flies!

jim c

Members
October 25, 2021 - 10:46 pm
Forum Posts: 3
60sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a head's up- I think the click track 2 is for part 3 and the click track 3 is for part 2

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 108
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming anonkid, KindaScratchy, freesbee, paulinefiddle, Allenph, oneloudmime, MsJoy, Sandybourne, Ripton, Space., loveluach, husseinHr, reedc83, Guido, A. V. Suvorov, Scrap, DennisS, JiminTexas, mcwey, Fashionandfiddle, Giovanni
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 8088
ABitRusty: 4008
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2455
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2177
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31703
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10642
Newest Members:
alisawilson, justinbrown, joshiburman, jamesmartinjs12, davidmorgan, OliviaErin, pbstrings, nayaghosh, henrykang, anna.byrne80
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16439, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5448