Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Fiddlerman White Christmas Virtual Group Project
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (61 votes) 
SharonC
Members

Regulars
December 4, 2021 - 9:45 am
Forum Posts: 1550
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Danie said

SharonC said

Danie said

@SharonC 

One question, how did you down load your file from your Ipad to your computer?

I use a software to connect wirelessly through my network. Less complicated way is to connect your Ipad directly to your PC via USB cable. I've attached some instructions.

@SharonC 

Thank you, I have copied your info.   Will save it . 

@Danie You're welcome.  Glad to have you join the Group Project! smile

Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.

Danie
NB Canada

Members
December 4, 2021 - 12:08 pm
Forum Posts: 14
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

ELCBK said
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-do0ookap9x/images/stencil/500x659/products/7957/9585/apiao7l95__89385.1509734523.jpg?c=2

@Danie -

About using YouTube - if you have a Google account, you can sign into YouTube with it. 

I easily 'share' videos from my phone to YouTube (and keep them private), but here is video help for you to upload your videos. 

https://fg-a.com/christmas-merry/1-merry-christmas-glitter-2018.gif

@BillyG -

Your comparison study with Audacity is VERY COOL!

- Emily

Thank you Emily.  All your input is very much appreciated.

Ilona
Finland
Members

Regulars
December 5, 2021 - 12:27 pm
Forum Posts: 298
163sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just sent my video! And I'm not even late! 

AnnyJ
Members

Regulars
December 5, 2021 - 1:34 pm
Forum Posts: 264
164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks @BillyG :-). I managed to re-do my recording this morning and submitted. Still some issues with it, but better. Playing along with a click-track in my ear is challenging to me. I'm having a hard time balancing the volume so I can hear my violin and the click-track.

Can't wait to see the end result with everyone else in it!christmaswreathsanta3treble-1226bass-1222

It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself. Johann S.Bach

Fashionandfiddle
UK
Members
December 5, 2021 - 1:47 pm
Forum Posts: 49
165sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have submitted mine twice now but not had an email so I'm not sure if it's been received? I don't want to miss the deadline....does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Emily

Unfretted
Members

Regulars
December 5, 2021 - 2:23 pm
Forum Posts: 164
166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Emily @Fashionandfiddle,

I would just wait until later tomorrow.  I submitted mine on Saturday afternoon and haven’t received an email yet.  I trust that  Fiddlerman will work with us in the next few days to make sure that all videos are accounted for and no one is left out.

Last year he posted a list of participants here and we had a chance to rectify any missing videos.  I was in a real panic when my name wasn’t on the list after all that effort learning and videoing the piece, but all worked out fine in the end.  Just keep checking in here for updates.

Unfretted
Members

Regulars
December 5, 2021 - 2:35 pm
Forum Posts: 164
167sp_Permalink sp_Print

AnnyJ said
Thanks @BillyG :-). I managed to re-do my recording this morning and submitted. Still some issues with it, but better. Playing along with a click-track in my ear is challenging to me. I'm having a hard time balancing the volume so I can hear my violin and the click-track.

Can't wait to see the end result with everyone else in it!christmaswreathsanta3treble-1226bass-1222

@AnnyJ,

I treated myself to a set of wireless earbuds this year.  When I play along with click tracks, I keep just one earbud in my right ear and leave my left ear free to hear my violin.  It works great!  I bought a fine set of Sony earbuds for a fantastically low sale price at Best Buy several months ago.

These earbuds worked so well for this group project:  a little tap of the earbud turns on the click track!  Really simplifies the recording process!

Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 6, 2021 - 1:48 pm
Forum Posts: 16439
168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fashionandfiddle said
I have submitted mine twice now but not had an email so I'm not sure if it's been received? I don't want to miss the deadline....does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Emily

Sorry about that. It's only because I tend to do other stuff on the weekend and do not always find time to do work.....

If anyone has not received a confirmation as, let me know because chances are that I have not received your submission. However, give me a few days unless you submit on Monday the 13th and haven't heard from me by the end of the day.

The new deadline is the 13th. 😁

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Ripton
Vermont, Massachusetts or somewhere in between
Members

Regulars
December 6, 2021 - 6:44 pm
Forum Posts: 595
169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh man. After days of trying to make a video it was way to big to send via the attached form. I uploaded to YouTube and sent that. Hope it works. I did manage 3 takes of part 1 viola. Got way too frustrated with trying to record more and even though I can do parts 3 & 4 fairly well, my timing S??ks and I can't keep even with the click track. :-(. Hope at least something makes it through.

Ripton
Members

Regulars
December 6, 2021 - 7:34 pm
170sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do want to give a big THANK You to the instruction videos by Gibbles. 

AndrewH
Sacramento, California
Members

Regulars
December 6, 2021 - 9:14 pm
Forum Posts: 1713
171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the extension. I intended to record over the weekend but ran into problems with excessive apartment noise at the times I was free to record.

ELCBK
USA
Members

Regulars
December 7, 2021 - 7:46 am
Forum Posts: 8089
172sp_Permalink sp_Print

Submitting Video problem is fixed! 

Thank you, Fiddlerman!

❄️ Deadline ❄️

❄️ Monday, December 13th! ❄️

2021 White Christmas GP

1st Part Tutorial

2nd Part Tutorial

3rd Part Tutorial

4th Part Tutorial

WATCH THESE - there are important tips included!!!

Thank you, Gibbles!  

❄️ LYRICS ❄️

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow,

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white
Fiddlerman
Fort Lauderdale
December 7, 2021 - 10:10 am
Forum Posts: 16439
173sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is the list of submissions that I have received so far. If you see anything wrong with your name, or if your submission is missing, please let me know.

Ali Gow
Andrea watkins
AnnyJ
Aria Woods
Arun Jack
Bill Gunn
Brooklyn Evans
Carol Knepp
Carol V
Carolyn_B
Charles_Anding
Cindy Skaggs
Cynthia Fiacco
Danielle Piche Sparks
Danielle_Montague_Judd
Deb Swanson
ella_kirkman_white
Emily_Leadbeater
Emmylou Espinoza
eric_horning
Erica Burrell
Erica Burrell
Eudora Price
Eudora Price Singing
Eva Borsukiewicz
Ilona
Ingrid Melle Viola White
Jeremy_Irwin_part
Jim
Jim Dunleavy
jim mccann
jim mccann
JimHeiman
Kat McConville
Katherine
Kathy McConville
Katie M
Kayleigh K
Lawrence of Alaska
Lenka_Pelechova
Mark_Cooper_
Maud
Michelle Shirley
Mouse
Nate
Niveda_S
Olivia Knepp
Rhonda Brown
Ripton
SharonC
Stephen Patteson
Sue (Stefanie Schmidt)
thomas
WayneG

"The richest person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least."

Mouse
December 7, 2021 - 2:36 pm
Forum Posts: 5448
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

If you submitted your video and your name is not on the list, here some things to consider:

Did you submit via the new drag and drop on the page with the instructions, or did you email it? If you emailed it, it won't reach Fiddlerman. Please resubmit using the drag and drop system on the instructions for submission page. 

White Christmas Instructions

Was it submitted as an mp4 format? If not, please convert your file to an mp4 format. Note, Apple devices create .mov, not mp4, correct me if I am wrong. There are many ways to convert. Check back in this thread for options. I downloaded HandBrake to my HP desktop computer. I transferred my .mov file to my HP desktop with a SanDisk Thumb-drive and saved it from the SanDisk thumb-drive to my HP desktop. Then I selected it as the file to convert in HandBrake. Note, I had to do this twice because the extension that I saved it to was .4mv or something like that. I thought I selected .mp4. It does not take long. I then went to the White Christmas Submission page and selected that MP4 file. I seem to recall that I could see a progress bar. After it was complete it stated it was submitted.

So, if you selected your file and you immediately got the message stating it was submitted and did not see the progress bar, you probably submitted the wrong type of file, and that is why your name is not on the list of received submissions. I noticed this difference because the first submission was a .mov file. I forgot about the mp4 requirement when I submitted. When I submitted the proper format, the submission result was slightly different than when I tried with the .mov file.

The two submissions were slightly different. The wrong submission, the .mov file, immediately gave me the the successful submission message. It actually did not submit the file, even though it said it was submitted. Fiddlerman did not receive the file.

When I did it right, there was the progress bar and the message of the submission was delayed for just a few seconds while the progress bar advanced to 100%.

That was my experience, not sure if others who did it right had the same experience.

Make sure you name the piece and what part you are playing, ie cello 3, and your name as you want it to appear, and provide your email address in box where requested.

Also, I have been asked to submit some videos for members, as much as I love helping you all, I cannot do this for you. Members have to submit their own videos. You can post issues here and receive help.

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Ripton
Members

Regulars
December 7, 2021 - 7:11 pm
175sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a part 1 video but it is too large to send through the form. How can I compress it so it will fit parameters?

Mouse
December 7, 2021 - 7:44 pm

That is weird, Ripton. Fiddlerman said it was his end that was limiting the file sizes and he fixed that. How big is your file? I will let him know.

I wonder why other part 1's went through.

The Bumblebee Flies!

Please ignore any typos. My typing ability on a real typewriter did not transfer to these device key pads.

Ripton
Members

Regulars
December 7, 2021 - 9:55 pm
177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mouse said
That is weird, Ripton. Fiddlerman said it was his end that was limiting the file sizes and he fixed that. How big is your file? I will let him know.

I wonder why other part 1's went through.

Hmm, I have part 1 via YouTube and I reset my camera and was able to send Pt 3 and 4 through the web form. Part 1 was 344MB but I though it was blocked by the webform. Pt 3 & 4 are about 160MB

Mouse
December 7, 2021 - 10:34 pm
178sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just selected from my files in my directory. I didn't use YouTube. Want me to mention it to Fiddlerman if you don't get any responses by noon tomorrow? Wonder how large the file was for other people's Part Ones. 

The Bumblebee Flies!

AnnyJ
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2021 - 10:33 am
179sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AnnyJ,

I treated myself to a set of wireless earbuds this year.  When I play along with click tracks, I keep just one earbud in my right ear and leave my left ear free to hear my violin.  It works great!  I bought a fine set of Sony earbuds for a fantastically low sale price at Best Buy several months ago.

These earbuds worked so well for this group project:  a little tap of the earbud turns on the click track!  Really simplifies the recording process!

That sound like something nifty to have. Sure would help not being leashed to a computer or phone when playing.

It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself. Johann S.Bach

AnnyJ
Members

Regulars
December 9, 2021 - 10:36 am
180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ripton said
I have a part 1 video but it is too large to send through the form. How can I compress it so it will fit parameters?

When I uploaded my part 1, the first time I tried it, it said it was too large as well. Then I just tried it a second time and it went through without changing anything, all be it slow. Strangely enough part 2 went through quickly, even though there was only a difference of a few mb. (Both were between 120 and 140 mb, for reference).

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online: Gordon Shumway, Mouse
Guest(s) 95
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming anonkid, KindaScratchy, freesbee, paulinefiddle, Allenph, oneloudmime, MsJoy, Sandybourne, Ripton, Space., loveluach, husseinHr, reedc83, Guido, A. V. Suvorov, Scrap, DennisS, JiminTexas, mcwey, Fashionandfiddle, Giovanni
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 8088
ABitRusty: 4008
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2457
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2177
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31704
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10642
Newest Members:
ghaash, alisawilson, justinbrown, joshiburman, jamesmartinjs12, davidmorgan, OliviaErin, pbstrings, nayaghosh, henrykang
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16439, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5448