Welcome to our forum. A Message To Our New and Prospective Members . Check out our Forum Rules. Lets keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit.

Check out our 2023 Group Christmas Project HERE

AAA
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
German Violin $300
Otto Jos Klier Violin
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (1 votes) 
Mad_Wed
Russia, Tatarstan rep. Kazan city
Members

Regulars
January 15, 2013 - 5:36 pm
Forum Posts: 2849
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WoW!!! I'm interested! droolingWhy do You sell it? Don't like the sound?duncecap Do You have any videos with it? I'd like to listen!

I've gave  away my oldy-Chinese, so i need a back up one! In case someone will not like my playing while i'll busking and break my Kohr =)

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 17, 2013 - 11:15 am

Thanks for the video, Barry. Recognized that sound! =) LOL! Just asked, because i know that You have several violins and wasn't shure which one You usually play. 

And if You'll decide to sell it to me, i have a good idea: 

I'll have to change the chin-rest anyway (i like the unique look of it but this beauty will not fit my chin unfortunately), so You could sell this complect: pegs, chin rest and tailpiece to somebody else, and replace it with whatever stuff You have (pegs and tailpiece - i mean, chin rest is not necessary at all=))... You could get for it more money =)

But if You don't care about me, ruining the integrity of the beauty - then live it like that =))))

If You decide to sell it to someone else, i'll be ok, but sad! Love the sound!droolingdroolingdrooling

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 17, 2013 - 11:58 am

Aaaa cooool! Thank You! 

Good Luck to me!!!!!cow-fingerscrossedcow-fingerscrossedcow-fingerscrossedcow-fingerscrossedcrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingers

Fiddlestix
Michigan, USA

King
Members

Regulars
January 17, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Forum Posts: 2647

That's a real beauty, Barry. Naska should be extremely pleased if she get's it.

Good luck, Naska.  crossedfingers

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 4:04 am

YoooooooHoooo!

dancingdancinbunnydancingdancinbunnydancing

bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana

Fiddlestix
Michigan, USA

King
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 6:34 am
Forum Posts: 2647

Congrat's, Naska.  I think you made a very smart purchase.   hats_off

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 11:00 am

Haha! Thanks, Ken, i think so too =)))birthday_balloon

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 1:18 pm

Received thumbs-updancing

MikeV
Wisconsin

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 4:05 pm
Forum Posts: 120

Congrats Naska and Barry! !!! violin

"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work." - Mark Twain

Kevin M.
Nicholson, Pa
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 5:20 pm
Forum Posts: 1973
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do you think the spirit of this violin will have Naska fiddling or will it show it's other side and be a concert master in Naska's hands?

soma5

Advanced member
Members
January 18, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Forum Posts: 53
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have to say that I'm really pleased that this deal is working out.  Communities of musicians like this one are really where people can connect in deep and unexpected ways.

MikeV
Wisconsin

Regular advisor
Members

Regulars
January 18, 2013 - 11:34 pm
Forum Posts: 120
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Barry are you sure that violin isn't "red "? blink I think it's cool that you started your own version of the "red violin ". Someday I would like to upgrade to a great sounding instrument. That way I'll know that any off sounds have to be me. LOL facepalm I'm glad it found a loving home. I can't wait to hear what Naska can do with it too! thumbs-up

"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work." - Mark Twain

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 8:38 am
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep! I can't wait to hear what i'll be able to do with i either! =)

Barry, it will be my "Back up" because i'm planning to go busking this summer, and i can't endanger this lovely fiddle! But indoors, i guess it has all chances to be the main one.

Kevin M. said
Do you think the spirit of this violin will have Naska fiddling or will it show it's other side and be a concert master in Naska's hands?

Haha! Hey! I play fiddle tunes too! But it's of course darn interesting how this fiddle will show itself in a classic way! I'm not going to change anything, except the chin-rest, for a while to see what it's like to play fiddle =)

bananaThanks for "capable hands" =) I'll try not to disappoint you guys!

Barry
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 8:56 am
Forum Posts: 2690

Well its no stranger to playing outdoors, spent many an evening playing fiddle tunes by the river

violin-1267

A couple members here have contributed to its evolution , fiddlerman donated a set of his old strings, the only "classical" strings she ever had on her. And Kevin loaned me the shaver and reemer to install the pegs

cheers

There is no shame in playing twinkle, youre playing Mozart

ftufc
SoCal
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 11:48 am
Forum Posts: 727
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just saw this; what a GREAT thread!!!

Naska I'm SOOOOO happy for you!!!  Can't stinkin wait to see a vid of YOU playing it, knowing its history and having seen and heard it played by Barry so many times.  This seriously is so freaking cool.

What kind of chinrest do you use Naska, I have several spares lying about and would be tickled to give you one for your new baby (you know, like a baby shower gift, lmao).

And can't stinkin wait to see Naska busk, you've got to record it for us!!!  Okay, so here's what I imagine,,, Naska playing her new fiddle while jumping from a building,,, you know something ala Lindsay (can't remember her last name) and her gymnastic/dance moves while fiddling!  You seriously would become famous worldwide.

So happy for you both; it is amazing the life of an instrument; it doesn't die it just keeps getting better.

VinceKnight
Middlfield, Ohio
Members
January 19, 2013 - 12:00 pm
Forum Posts: 86
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ftufc I believe you are thinking of Lindsey Stirling and I don't know about base jumping or even bungee jumping while playing the Violin too much risk of dropping it and causing damage.  Of course I'm not one to talk since I'll be taking my Viola to the rock climbing crags whenever I go and may wind up trying a hands free rappel while playing at the same time (Still working on the rope control for a hands free rappel)

Congrats Naska I hope you are VERY happy and I hope the shipping companies take very good care of it on its way to you crossedfingers

-Dennis

The pack depends upon the wolf, and the wolf depends upon the pack. The loss of one means the destruction of the other.

Barry
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 1:36 pm
Forum Posts: 2690
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Congrats Naska I hope you are VERY happy and I hope the shipping companies take very good care of it on its way to you crossedfingers "

I hope so too !! but just to be sure I insured it to cover both our asses

hats_off

There is no shame in playing twinkle, youre playing Mozart

Mad_Wed
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 3:55 pm
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hahaha! LOL, Fred! I'd never dare to play violin while rope-jumping, as Dennis said - too dangerous. I'm not so rich roflol

As about chinrest: i'm planning to order Beran model for it. Only something like this can match my square jaw, LOL! =)

A couple members here have contributed to its evolution , fiddlerman donated a set of his old strings, the only "classical" strings she ever had on her. And Kevin loaned me the shaver and reemer to install the pegs

cheers

Cool! Another piece of its history! =)

ratvn
Kent, Washington USA

Honorary tenured advisor
Members

Regulars
January 19, 2013 - 9:09 pm
Forum Posts: 550
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats Naska and Barry.

That violin is a beauty.

Barry said
Well its no stranger to playing outdoors, spent many an evening playing fiddle tunes by the river

Oh man, beside going by the river I hope that it has a chance to do some sunbathing on those beautiful South America beaches before going to Naska home on its world tour, LOL.

And you've never known, 100 yrs from now Naska may have a plan to repatriate it.

VinceKnight
Middlfield, Ohio
Members
January 19, 2013 - 9:30 pm
Forum Posts: 86

OMG.  I know what we we need and Ratvn and Scotty gave me the idea for it.  It will take a little time and a little extra dough BUT.  We need a Fiddlerman Community Violin or Viola!  Each person keeps it for 3-4 months or so (Maybe longer maybe shorter, probably no more than 6) then they Ship it off to the next member.  Rinse Repeat.  It would be the Traveling Fiddlerman Fiddle.  Something that everyone in the community gets to use and maybe leave their mark on with upgrades or tweaks.

What do you all think?!?!

-Dennis

The pack depends upon the wolf, and the wolf depends upon the pack. The loss of one means the destruction of the other.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 696
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 83
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming PaTooDoNaLD, Almandin, fryserisnon8, Picklefish, Tammy, Violinista Italiano, sus49, Ogre, djroger, marcnaz, Cleverpun, VirginViolinist, Cearbhael, The Modesto Kid, Burnett393, eugenephilip572
Top Posters:
ELCBK: 7894
ABitRusty: 3929
Mad_Wed: 2849
Barry: 2690
Fiddlestix: 2647
Gordon Shumway: 2447
Oliver: 2439
DanielB: 2379
Mark: 2163
damfino: 2113
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 31686
Moderators: 0
Admins: 7
Forum Stats:
Groups: 16
Forums: 82
Topics: 10617
Newest Members:
tonyhoss, [email protected], Thug, eugenephilip572, tmcamil58, wsharek, Skogsra, Cylena, adamfrank, Magdalena Paz
Administrators: Fiddlerman: 16435, KindaScratchy: 1760, coolpinkone: 4180, BillyG: 3744, MrsFiddlerman: 2, Jimmie Bjorling: 0, Mouse: 5393